20

"Well, well, look what we have here."

Mozzarella turned to Almond, still holding a terrified Roguefort by the collar despite the Cookie's struggle to get away.

"Let him go!" Almond pleaded.

"No one listens to commands, sweetie."

Using her empty hand, Mozza chucked out a gun from her belt, firing immediately at her rival in front of her.

"No!"

Almond slides and dodges the bullet, sprinting towards the female Cookie in front of him, determined to save his friend.

"Such a nuisance." Mozza sneered as she fired more shots.

Almond was frantically dodging them left and right, as he thought of a way to utilize his surroundings for a weapon.

It wasn't like he could use things in the shops, since there was already chaos in those. Pipes weren't an option...

Until he remembered the tranquilizer darts and crossbow he had in his pocket.

His mother Cashew had given some of them to Almond before they went to Dreamy Cookieland. Almond remembered declining the offer, but took them to reassure his mother.

Almond realised he had a chance to defeat the Cookie who'd murdered his father.

He just needed a solid plan.

Thinking quickly, he charged at Mozza, who simply blocked his punch with her arm, loosening her grip on the gun that fell out of Mozza's hands.

Seizing the chance, Roguefort broke free of Mozza's grasp, bolting away as fast as he could in the opposite direction.

"You won't escape so easily, brother..."

Mozza continued the chase down the alley, Almond following suit.

I can't let him return to his family's grasp! Not this soon!

Roguefort ran as fast as he could, panic coursing through his veins as he took every step.

I need to leave!

I don't want to see her!

Mozza was slowly catching up to Roguefort, who was incredibly fatigued as he had run for a long time.

Almond slid the dart into the crossbow, aiming as he ran.

"Come on..."

Luckily for him, Mozza ran in a straight line, unaware of her enemy preparing to fire since she was completely focused on getting her brother back.

Making sure there was no one in the way, Almond fired the dart straight at Mozza's leg, the dart hitting its target.

Mozza stopped as she flinched, looking at the needle in her leg.

"Really? That's not going to stop me."

Wait, what?

Tranquilizer darts don't work immediately like in the movies?

You have got to be kidding me.

Mozza darted away, evidently a bit slower than before, as Almond chased the siblings with all the strength in his body.

The assassin was slowly getting closer and closer to his best friend, who was running with all his might, determined not to return to his old life again.

Almond was also catching up to Mozza somehow, as his dart had slowed her down enough for him to reach her quicker, but Roguefort's fatigue had also caught up to him. making the chase still pretty even.