Chapter 40

"Amy, can I sit on your lap?" I think for a moment, but then let her sit on my lap. I look up and see that everyone is looking at me. What is it? The cook enters the dining room and removes the dirty dishes. He walks away and returns with dessert. Lizzie looks at the dessert, pudding, and then wants to take the whole bowl, but I stop her with my arm. "No, wait" I tell her. Elijah takes a knife and divides the pudding. I take 2 pieces, for me and a Lizzie. She picks up a fork and takes a big bite. I study her and smile. Pudding is probably her favorite food. I also eat my piece and check the clock. Twenty five past six. Shit
I gently lift Lizzie off my lap and run to the hall. I grab Lizzie's coat and shoes and call her. She sits down on the couch and I put on her shoes and coat. Then I sprint back to the hall to put on my own coat and shoes. Lizzie is already at the door. "Why so much in hurry?" She asks. "You have to be home in 5 minutes" I say while looking around the hall. It was here somewhere .... Living room? No. Kitchen? Also not. Uhmmmmm ....... Dining room! I run to the dining room and pick up my phone. "See you later!" I shout over my shoulder. I pick up Lizzie and run to her house. "Amy? Shall we become friends?" She asks soflty .I slow my pace to look at her. "Of course, friend" I smile and so does she.

When I arrive I put her down and ring the bell.
"Hi, I've come to take Lizzie home."

Pov Sanne

Arianne and I are out for a jog when we see Amy walking with some kids. They walk to the playground and sit on the swings. We jog to the playground to get a closer look. A girl comes running. Is that ... The girl standing next to Amy at the Initiation Ritual. Amy squats and hugs the girl. They walk together to the swing and the girl sits on her lap. It looks like this ... natural. I mind link Elijah. He needs to see this. Within a minute he is with us, along with Adam and John. We all watch Amy and the children. Elijah looks at us. "I think she's ready to do Luna tasks."

Three fifty. Arianne mind-links Amy so we can tell her the good news and make sure she's on time for dinner. She comes in with the girl on her arm. "Just a moment." She says as she takes off the girl's coat and shoes and takes her to the living room. She turns on the TV and comes back. She seems pretty annoyed. Arianne tells her that we can do Luna tasks from now on. She screams and just doesn't jump.

I look at Amy in amazement. Did she really do that? Did she really put that girl on her lap? The girl ducks forward to get the pudding, but she stops her. Elijah cuts the pudding and Amy takes 2 pieces, one for her and one for the girl. Elijah is mind-linking with John and Adam, but Amy pays more attention to the girl than him. When they finish, she looks at the clock. She gently lifts the girl, then roughly pushes the chair back. She runs into the hallway and puts on the girl's shoes and coat. Then she puts on her own coat and shoes. We look at each other in surprise. I open my mouth to speak as she storms into the dining room and picks up her phone. "See you later!" She shouts over her shoulder. Elijah looks at us. “I think she's going to be a great mom someday,” he says.

Hi guys!
I know that the updates are reallt slow, but I'm trying my best. I'm also trying to remove as much typos as possible, but it isnt perfect. If you see some, dont be afraid to tell me!
Mandy