Chapter 48

I walk back to the pack house for my convenience. Elijah had to do some Alpha business and left. I pass the lawn and think back. I am lying on the grass and finally I add 1 and 1 together. I am pregnant. I look down at the bulge that was my first flat stomach. I put my hand on my stomach and smile when I feel the familiar kick. Sanne and Arianne arrive. "Hey Hey" "How is the baby?" I immediately look up when she says "baby." "He's grown, but they still can't tell if it's boys or girls." I know better. It's gonna be a boy. Arianne frowns and then asks "But you know it's gonna be a boy, because you said it." I bite my lip. They pay close attention. "Yes, I'm very sure it's a boy. Maternal instinct." I say, suddenly annoyed. They look at each other for a moment and then decide not to comment, I have been experiencing a lot of mood swings lately. I point to the lawn. "Shall we sit down?" They nod and lead the way. I try to sit, which is not entirely possible because I cannot bend my legs very well because of my big belly. I end up sitting on the floor. I lie down and look at the clouds. "Shall we play a game?" Sanne asks. I turn my head and look at her. "Which game?" She looks, points to the sky. "You name a figure you see in the clouds, and the person who first calls it a figure afterwards." Arianne and I don't hesitate for seconds and nod in agreement. I close my eyes. So tired ..... Sanne and Arianne let me sleep and continue the game.

I wake up again because someone is in my sun. I kick at the person to tell him to leave. But the one remains. I growl. He has to get out of my sun! I open an eye and see a silhouette. I sigh and open both my eyes. Guess who it is. Elijah. I gesture for him to step aside, but he stops. I struggle to get up so that I can sit. "Go. Out. My. Sun." He raises an eyebrow. "No 'Hello' or 'Good afternoon'?" Jesus, now he's going too far. I bend forward slightly, because I can't bend any further through my stomach, and try to get up, which of course I can't. He chuckles. I glare at him. "I would stop if I were you." He looks dubious. "No" Now he certainly goes too far. He offers his hand, which I take, otherwise I will never get up again. When I stand, I immediately let go of him, causing me to lose my balance. He takes my waist to keep me balanced. He leans forward until his mouth is next to my ear. "I would be careful and not fall." He grins. I just can hear it. He lets go of my waist and steps back. He grins, I just knew. I take a step towards him and he looks down on me because I am shorter than him. "I'd be careful." I hiss through my teeth so that only he can hear. I am really furious. His grin widens. "How so?" Now you get it. I hit his face with a flat hand. "Not even an Alpha talks to me like that," I hiss. Elijah looks surprised. I turn to see that John and Adam are laughing a little further. "Stop now, or the same thing happens." I say, my eyes breathe fire. They stop abruptly. I stamp away, leaving 3 astonished boys behind. When I arrive at the gate, I listen for a moment. "What was that?" Elijah asks Sanne in astonishment. She shrugs slightly. "Mood swings."