Chapter 45

When I wake up Elijah is done with showering and is all dressed. "Good morning" I say to him as I stretch. "Good morning". I get out of bed and change. My outfit is jeans and a long T-shirt. On the way down I meet Sanne, who gives me a look that tells us to talk. I nod in response and walk into the dining room, then sit next to Elijah. I grab a sandwich and spread sandwich spreads on it. There is a silence. Not an awkward silence, a silence that offers room to think, so I do.

I think about how everyone will respond when I say I'm pregnant. I can guess from the girls, but the boys? No idea how they will react. I finish my sandwich and take my plate to the kitchen. The cook nods gratefully and I smile at him. When I return to the living room, Sanne and Arianne also bring their plates away, the boys are somewhere in the house. When Arianne walks past me I briefly touch her arm. "Where's Elijah?" I ask. She thinks for a moment. "I think he's in the garden." And then walks back to the kitchen. On to the garden.

When I walk in the gigantic garden I don't immediately see Elijah. He is sitting on a bench behind a bush. I calmly walk over to him, thinking about what to say. When I walk around the bush he looks up and smiles. "Hey" "hey" I sit next to him. "I wasn't completely honest yesterday," I admit. He looks dubious. "I already figured that out." I nod, I already knew he didn't believe me. "In the dream there were two more little wolfs between us, they had black and white fur and turquoise eyes." I pause for a second. "And .... I .... Uhmmmmm." I stand and walk back and forth. Elijah follows me with his eyes. I take a few deep breaths in and out. I open my mouth to say something, but then close it again, I do that a few times before closing my eyes and standing still. I look at him. "I am pregnant."

His mouth falls open. A little smile apears on his face. He gets up and hugs me. "That is amazing!" He says eventually. I'm smiling now too. For a moment I had been afraid that he wouldn't want the child just for a moment. He takes a step back. "Let's go and announce it to the pack right away." I shake my head no. "I want to tell it to Sanne, John, Adam and Arianne first." He thinks for a moment. "That makes sense, yes. And to the hospital for the scan." I nod. For wolves it only takes 6 months before the child is born, and for the alpha couple 4 months. That makes sense, because as Alpha and Luna you need to have a child as soon as possible, because someone might come and try to kill you at any time. "When do you want to tell the pack then?" He asks me. I shrug, I really have no idea. "Maybe after the scan?" He nods. "Yes, that sounds like an good idea." He takes my hand and together we walk back to the pack house.

Hi guys,
What are your thoughts about Amy and Elijahs child? How is he or she going to look like?
Xxx
Mandy