Chapter 47

I spread peanut butter, jelly and butter on a sandwich and look at the clock. 4:15 at night. Again. I couldn't sleep and was hungry for a sandwich so I went for one. And so it has been for almost a month. Very quietly I walk to the living room and sit on the couch while eating my sandwich. I put my hand on my stomach, which has been getting bigger and bigger lately. Immediately I feel a kick. I smile. It's 6:00 am. I'm stretched out on the couch watching Instagram. I have an exciting life dude, you could write a book about it. (Okay, I just couldn't resist 😝) John comes down. He's in his pajamas and his hair is tousled. When he notices me, he is shocked. "Waaa! Amy, what are you doing here so early?" I put my phone away and raise an eyebrow. "Better ask what YOU are doing here." He sighs. "I couldn't sleep anymore and got down to get warm milk," he says quickly. I chuckle. Warm milk? Seriously John? He rolls his eyes and waits for me to finish. Then he looks at me quizzically. "I lay awake all night and came down to make a sandwich," I confess. "At what time?" Says John. "Ehmmm. 4:15?" His mouth falls open. "So since then you've been on your phone, doing something?" I nod. He blinks a few times. "Respect. I'm going back to sleep now, I'm exhausted. Try to do the same." And with those words he walks away. I close my eyes and try to sleep. I turn and toss but don't fall asleep. After spinning back and forth a few times, I finally stop because my baby kicks. Okay. I stop and the baby stops kicking, I can't resist and chuckle. Then the baby kicks again. Aawww, I already love him / her. I grab my airpods and put on music. Very quietly I walk upstairs to change, because I am still in my pajamas. When I'm changed I walk to the kitchen. I'm going to start with breakfast. When I'm halfway through the cook comes in. He looks a little confused so I inform him. "I was awake and so I decided to already start with breakfast." "Okay" Together we continue.

We make pancakes and eggs. While we are making dinner we talk to each other, so I find out his name is Menno and has been working as a cook for 20 years, he is married to his mate and has 3 children and many more. He seems like a nice man.