Chapter 33

"Uhmmmmm, Lizzie, Xander, Rosalie, Sarina, Bob, Carla, Denise, Dave, Cyra, Genna, Fenna and Matt. Those are the last guests. "Elijah nods and writes them down. "Those are the last. We now have all 552." "Yey." Uhm, I think that was it." I say. "Yes "
"I'm going to go to sleep." I get up and walk to Elijah's room. I lie down in the bed and immediately fall asleep. There I dream about Elijah and I spending all day working on the guest list, no matter what we did. We started at 8:00 in the morning and didn't finish until 2am. But then we did have all 552 guests written down their names and classified which chair they are sitting on.

I wake up at 10:30 am. I want to get up but I am stopped by an arm. Guess who it is. I turn and see that he is still sleeping. "Elijah" I whisper. He mumbles a little and pulls me closer. "Elijah?" I sigh and lift his arm. He growls and pulls me even closer. "Aawww, he's so sweet !!" Amelia is back. "Exactly!!" Where was she all this time? "Where do you think? I was with Jack, you silly!" Jack? I don't know a Jack.
"Elijah's wolf" she sighs. Okay.
It actually sounds pretty scary when I say she can read my mind, but I don't care when it is only her. "Look at him! Our handsome mate ....." Okay. "LOOK AT HIM AND SAY HE IS NOT CUTE !!"
Okay, that was Amelia. I close the mindlink with her. The first thing I notice is that Elijah is awake and looking at me. "What?"
"Your eyes change color when you talk to your wolf. From blue to turquoise."
Okay, I didn't know that yet. I look into his eyes, they are very light, which makes the purple very striking. I can keep looking at it forever, but then I suddenly think of something. "Can I get out of bed?" I ask. He looks dubious. "No seriously? "Please?" He chuckles. "No"

Okay, then I'm going to use violence. I try to push his arm away, but unfortunately, he's too strong. I try again but that attempt also fails. Then I get an idea. I smile at him and he smiles back. How sweet, he thinks I'm giving up.
I roll on top of him and plant my elbows next to his head. He clasps his arms around my waist and kisses me, a moment later I kiss him back too.

A few minutes later I withdraw to take a breath. Then I suddenly realize that I don't want to get out of bed anymore. Well great.
He still looks at me. "We have to-" He kisses me again. Okay, new plan, because I really have to get up. I have to help Sanne and Arianne set up the tables for tomorrow. Yes, time flies when you're having fun. The wedding is tomorrow. And I'm stuck here because of Elijah. Not that I mind ....