Chapter 9 (edited)

I have been rouge for almost 2 months. Samuel taught me everything necessary to survive. Hunting, hiding if necessary, and finding a place to sleep. I am in much better shape than before. Even thought I haven't changed back to human in those 2 months, I feel better than I've ever felt. Living as a wolf is much easier. You can defend yourself better, catching food is easier in wolf form and you are better protected against the cold by the thick coat. Moving is also a lots smoother, and as a wolf you're way more flexibel than as a human.

In those 2 months, 3 more rouges joined our group. Daniel and Anastasia, they are mates and were put out of their pack by the Alpha because he was jealous of them. And Sabrina, she's 18 and ran away from her pack because she was going to be married off to some guy who had a high rank in the pack. She didn't want that and so she ran away.

Me and Sabrina are hunting at the moment. "There is a fox" she mindlinks me. I nod and we go toward the animal together.
"Are you attacking it?" I mindlink to her.
She nods and jumps on top of the fox. The animal protests violently but cannot do anything against Sabrina; she is way too heavy for him.

When we return to the cave, Samuel, Daniel and Anastasia are already waiting for the food. Sabrina places the dead fox next to the 2 rabbits the rest has already caught. We all have tasks in this selfmade pack of ours; everone work in couples, the only exeption is Lucian, since he already has a lot of experience, and each couple hunts at least one animal a day, so we have enough to eat. Next to that, we all sleep in the cave next to the lake, so its gets cleaned at least once a day. We do that by using a sweeper a human dumped in the forest for some reason. They were probably drunk. The floor was rough at first, but by dragging a flat stone throught the cave its nice and smooth now, so we can use the discarded thing to sweep the floor.

During dinner we are all mind linking. Telling each other what we experienced today. I tell Daniel about how we hunted the fox, and he tells me how Sabrina and I can improve our hunting skills. Daniel just to be a guard in his pack, so he has a bit of experience on the subject.

Suddenly everybody goes silent. There is someone on our territory. "I'm going to see who it is"
Samuel mindlinks me. "No I'm going"
I mind link back. "Are you nuts! Dont go!"  Mind links Amelia, my wolf, to me in return. "Do you have  a death wish or something? Cant you feel how nervous I am? Something isnt right here, Amy. Please dont get yourself- and me, killed." No I don't want to die, but I'd do everything, really everything to protect Samuel, Daniel, Anastasia and Sabrina. And since even Amelia is nervous the wolf who's here must be a big threat. Amelia goes silent, and I panic. No, dont panic, it wont get you anywhere, I say to myself.
Hesitantly I go outside and I smell an strange scent. My wolf is suddenly back and is going crazy in my head. She starts jumping up and down while saying something. I freeze and focus on the words she's saying. Mate.