Chapter 51

P.ov Amy

After all this time I'm still in the hospital bed. I carefully lie down and close my eyes. It's finally over! It was an endless torture. 12 hours long. The nurse briefly walks out of the room and then returns with my baby. "Congratulations, it's a boy." I stretch out my arms towards the baby and the nurse hands it to me. I carefully sit up and look at him. Light purple-blue eyes and brown hair. Elijah's eyes and my hair color. I already love him dearly. I smile and look up at Elijah, who is sitting in a chair next to the bed. "What are we going to call him?" He asks after a while. I think for a moment. "What do you think of Caiden?" He smiles. "Perfect." I rest for a while and then prepair to go home again. Amazingly, there are clean clothes for me. A nurse told me there was a shower here, so I'm going to look. The shower is a down the hall, i find out after a few minutes. I take a quick shower of less than 2 minutes and get dressed. Hmmmm. A blue sweater and tight jeans. Simple but chic.  When I'm dressed I comb my hair and walk into the hallway. Elijah is leaning against a wall, Caiden in his arms. When I enter the hall he looks up. "Hey" He says.  "Hey" I answer. "Elijah ...." He's not listening anymore, too interested in Caiden, who is moving his little arms and legs in his arms. I smile. My son and my mate. What more could i possibly want?

P.o.v Elijah

When Amy is taking a shower, I carefully pick up Caiden. "You can take him home right away, everything is fine." The nurse tells me. I nod without looking up from Caiden. I can not believe it. I have a son. I have a family. I walk down the hall and wait for Amy to finish showering. Caiden reaches out and touches my chin. I smile. How cute! Wait ... how can such a small creature have such an impact on me? I look at his face. Its so sweet. Caiden drops his arm again. Almost. Amy enters the hall, wearing the clothes that Arianne has selected. It looks beautiful on her. "Hey". She stops in the doorway. "Hey, Elijah ...." Caiden turns around in my arms and draws my attention back to him. When I look at him he laughs. A small sound that means a lot to me. He is so beautiful, my newborn son.