Chapter 35

If murder had a signature glare, it would be exactly like the one Samuel was directing at Rafael. I wished I knew what was going on between them. They clearly knew each other because I finally remembered Rafael had approached Samuel when we were making our way back to Samuel's from the temple. Granted I couldn't see Samuel's face at the time, but Rafael had departed with that gorgeous smile on his face.

"Thank you" said Raphael, ignoring Samuel's glare. I was going to have to get good at concealing my thoughts very soon.

"Agreed" said Samuel curtly.

"Where was I?" asked Rafael himself yet again. "Oh yeah, humanity's doom. I will quote one of your great authors as he put it quite elegantly, 'In every era there comes a moment when the collective thoughts, whims, and motivations of a people become so self-absorbed, so malignant so unheeding that nature itself revolts'. Jeff Wheeler, I had the honor to inspire that one" said Rafael.

"Never heard of him" I said.

"You wouldn't have. He's not that famous yet because your society isn't yet ready for his works, but give it a couple more decades and his books will studied throughout the land in the best circles of spiritual intellectuals" explained Rafael.

"Spiritual intellectuals?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"It'll be a thing, just give it time" Rafael said.

"Right" I retorted.

"So dearest Sara, in laymen's terms, humanity's collective consciousness has become infected with the worst of afflictions" Rafael explained.

"What is that?" I knew he had paused for effect, but I couldn't help myself from asking.

"Fear. The human race has an epidemic of fear. They are creating their entire reality from a place of unimpeded fear" Rafael said, his voice deep with something like disappointment.

The scenery around us began changing, showing scenes of war, pollution, death, epidemic, despair, poverty, sorrow, all happening on the beloved Terra.

"All you see around you Sara is a manifestation of what humanity has carried on their collective consciousness for quite some time now. They are stuck in a vicious Karmic cycle and they cannot find their way out. They refuse to see the truths before them, and by doing so they deny themselves the opportunity to learn from their mistakes, from their circumstances. They believe all this destruction is happening to them, they do not want to accept they are the creators of this forsaken environment. They will not take responsibility!" Rafael was finally beginning to get a bit worked out. I had begun to wonder if any of what he was talking about bothered him at least a little bit.

"As I said before, we found a way around the nonintervention mandate" Rafael continued, his cool composure back in place. "We figured if we can't help from outside, it will have to then be from within. That is when the call for help went out. I believe you have met some of the volunteers."

"She has" answered Samuel.

"When?" I looked at him puzzled.

"In the Fourth Dimension, remember?"

"Oh yeah, Jesus it feels like that happened a life-time ago" I said.

"Have you met him as well?" Rafael asked, his smile brighter than ever.

"Who?"

"Jesus" said Rafael.

"What?" I answered annoyed.

"Sara, he is asking you if you have met Jesus. More specifically, Jesus the Christ" said Samuel.

I stared at Samuel dumbfounded. Like he was speaking another language.