Chapter 32

Reluctantly I got out of the bed and headed for the bathroom. I figured a shower was in order. I was tempted to take a bath, but considering something important must be going on, I wanted to be ready if I was needed again.

I turned on the hot water reliving the moments Samuel and I had just shared. It was everything a woman could ask for. He had to be ignoring my command to stay out of mind, probably unhindered by pleasures we shared in the throes of passion, because the man knew exactly what to do and when to do it.

But as good as he felt and as happy as I was, something didn't feel right. Something was off, I could feel it, just couldn't put my finger on it.

What had happened between us earlier had been exciting and to say it'd been enjoyable would be the understatement of the century, but it hadn't felt right. It hadn't been fulfilling like it had been before when we shared not only our bodies, but our souls. I couldn't shake the feeling that he had used our bodies only to please me, to make sure I was satisfied with him and what we had. It was nonsense, of course, there was no way he could be insecure about what he meant to me. He was me. As vital to my existence as my own essence.

I dismissed the thought as ridiculous and stepped into the shower relishing the feel of the water's perfect temperature on my skin, maybe the ship was able to read my thoughts as well as the beings on it because it was exactly the temperature I needed. I closed my eyes contemplating the possibility, focusing on the sensations, letting my mind to go blank, since it was in dire need of a break.

There was only so much my too-human brain was willing to process.

The reprieve didn't last long. I smiled as I felt Samuel's presence in the bathroom.

"I believe we have some unfinished business..." he said in a seductive tone that made his voice sound deeper and huskier and my entrails shake with anticipation. I was tempted to let him in my head so he could see what his voice, his body, his overall presence did to me. Maybe that would put a stop to any insecurities he could be feeling, but again, I doubted that was it. He was the magnificent Master Samuel after all.

I bit my lip before my lips stretched in a dreamy smile that must have been invitation enough because within moments his body, now slick with water, was pressed to mine informing me without words the agenda of the unfinished business he had in mind.

He wrapped his arms around me, encasing me in a cage of soft skin over muscle that was vibrating with need. My body responded immediate, tuning into his mood, sending eager shivers through my body. Not for the first time was I in awe of my body's response to his. He was the spark that lit up my fire, all he had to do was come close and my cells began vibrating to the beat of his heart.

I stood on my toes and wrapped my arms around his neck and liked the moisture off his skin. He took in a sharp breath, but stood still while I explored his body with my lips. I didn't I think could ever get enough of him, but was willing to spend the rest of my existence trying. All I wanted to do was meld into him and stay with him for eternity.

"Samuel" I said against his lips.

"Hmmm" came his answer, reluctant to stop his ministrations.

"I know there's something you're not telling me, and you're scaring me" I said reluctantly, afraid to ruin the moment, but I was more afraid there wouldn't be time to ask later.

He stopped and looked at me intently. He was a god, and looked like one standing under the spray of water, his eyes glowing with emotion. Was it fear? Whatever could Master Samuel be scared of?

"What is it love? Talk to me. Please..." I begged placing my hands on his face locking my eyes on his willing him to share his burden with me.

He pressed his forehead to mine, closing his eyes. We stayed like that for what seemed like hours. I was afraid to speak or move. He seemed so vulnerable.