Happiest Time Of The Year

The sun peered through the curtains of their master bedroom, it was another start of a brand new day. However, today is special, it is Christmas Day.

Growing up Catholic, Christmas was Yejin's favourite holiday of the year and also were her favourite childhood memories. As a young girl, it was the best day of the year. In young Yejin's heart, Christmas was even more special than her birthday because it was an exciting day for everyone in her family, not just herself.

Therefore, Yejin took it upon herself today and for the all following Christmases to come to be as special for her family as it was for her when she was a kid.

It was only 6:30 in the morning but she got herself ready, put on some natural makeup and threw on her Christmas pajama onesie that she had purchased for herself and of course, Ji eun and Bin so they could all be matching.

She slowly exited the master bedroom after she took a peek into Ji eun's crib and gave Bin a chaste kiss on his forehead, it was time to light up the fireplace and get Christmas brunch ready!

For today's Christmas menu, she had spent the past two days or so, buying all the ingredients and prepping as much as she could so that the actual cooking would run more smoothly on Christmas morning.

"Did Ahjumma help prepare the ingredients beforehand as well?" She thought to herself as she saw all the ingredients laid out nicely and all seasoned, leaving her to just have to fry and put them into the oven."

Unlike what she expected and planned out, she was done cooking by 11am. That was at least an hour earlier than when she had planned to finish cooking by.

"That was a lot quicker than I had expected!" Yejin exclaimed out loud as she took out her final dish from the oven and had set it down on the dining table.

There was now turkey, potatoes, hash browns and spaghetti all cooked and ready to be served.

Preparing a hot and delicious meal was also her way for pampering Bin for working so hard the past month for his upcoming projects, managing VAST and being a doting father and husband to her all at the same time. God truly knows how he manages to juggle the role of a father, husband, actor and CEO all at the same time but Bin has proven time and time again that it is possible and has even excelled in it all.

He was another reason of hers that she was thankful for this Christmas.

After preparing the food, lighting up the Christmas tree, she was now ready to wake her babies up for the most festive and fun Christmas day.

Unbeknownst to Yejin, Bin was actually the one who helped prepare all the ingredients. He had woke up even earlier than Yejin. He knew that his overachieving and precious wife would take it all upon herself to make Christmas this year the best one yet one so he had helped to prepare some of the dishes, like seasoning the turkey beforehand and shredding the hash browns so it'll be easier for her to fry them later on.

Another surprise awaited Yejin, by the time she entered their master bedroom, Ji eun and Bin were already awake and in their matching Christmas pajamas. It was truly a lovely sight to behold.

Stretching his arms out,  Yejin crashed in his arms like how she always does.

Ji eun was now sandwiched in between their hug, not only Ji eun but also their unborn baby in Yejin's belly.

"It was you, wasn't it?"

Bin chuckled before nodding his head.

This was the truest form of their love that they shared for each other, they never wanted each other to feel overworked by doing something for the other person. They always go above and beyond so as to make the other person feel love and appreciated.

It was safe to say that Christmas Brunch was absolutely delicious, not because the ingredients used was of the highest and most expensive quality but because each dish was created with love and likewise the warmth of their love for each other could be tasted and felt in every bite.

Not to mention, the turkey was an absolutely hit in Ji eun's book. This was the first time she has ever tried turkey and she finished every piece of turkey on her plate.

"Ji eun-ie baby, it was so delicious because eomma cooked it well right?"

"Aniyo! Ji eun love, tell eomma it's because appa seasoned it well!" Bin rebutted.

It was a beautiful snowy morning filled with funny banter, lots of cuddles and yummy food.

As it was getting closer to noon, they finally decided to pause the Christmas movie that they were watching on the couch and move to the Christmas tree to open some presents!

Of course, most the presents were for Ji eun but it was still fun nonetheless to open presents together.

"This one is from Samchoon and Imo from the US! Ji eun-ah, say thank you!" Yejin said from behind the phone screen, trying to video Ji eun's reaction to her aunt and uncle's gift.

Unfortunately, Yejin's sister and family couldn't be here in Seoul to celebrate Christmas together this year due to the pandemic so they had to improvise with the help of technology.

Likewise with Yejin's parents, they were in Daegu so they weren't able to celebrate together as well.

When it came to opening Ji eun's present from us, it was too big to wrap so we had to close her eyes and carry her to her big Christmas surprise. 

This Christmas, we had gifted her a treehouse that we had installed in the backyard.

She immediately squealed in excitement when she saw the magnificent tree house standing in our backyard. It was the perfect gift in the long haul so she could play in there especially during summer.

Oh, what a blessed baby.

Later that evening, when Ji eun was taking her daily nap, Bin sneaked up behind Yejin as she was lazing on the couch and carried her onto his lap, truly appreciating the beauty that his wife is.

He flashed his signature dimpled smile and kissed her on her lips, lingering longer than usual.

"Thank you for the best Christmas ever, I love you."

"I love you too!" She replied

AUTHORS NOTE:

hey guys! merry christmas everyone! regardless of if you celebrate christmas or not, i hope you have a good day nonetheless! hope you enjoyed this christmas chapter, i had alot of fun writing it. let's all stay safe and healthy this holiday season, love you all 🤍

see you in my next chapter xx