Precious

This is just a short one-shot story, enjoy!

YEJIN's POV

Sounds of thunder and heavy rainfall echoed in our home. It was 3am when I was awoken by faint cries coming from our living room. I turned around to see the other side of the bed empty and Ji eun missing from her crib.

Groggily, I rubbed my eyes and got out of bed. Walking down the hallway, I peeked into the living room and the most precious sight greeted me.

Bin was cradling a frightened Ji eun in his arms, swaying her and soothing her back as the thundering continued.

"Baby, it's okay. Appa is right here, there's nothing to be afraid of." Bin said tenderly as he continuously soothed her back.

Ji eun has always been afraid of loud noises especially the sound of thunder.

Bin continuously tried to comfort her, wrapping blankets and holding her tight. He shut all the curtains and turned on all the lights in the living room, even going as far to play some of her favourite nursery rhymes on the speaker to try to drown out the thundering.

My heart swooned at this sight, how precious was this.

Slowly, I made my way to the couch and snuggled right beside my two babies. I leaned my head on Bin's shoulder as I caressed my Ji eun-ie's pinkish cheeks.

"Love, did we wake you up?" Bin said as he leaned in to give me a peck on my lips.

"Yes, the bed felt strangely empty. I know you're not in bed when I don't feel a pair of arms draped across my waist." I replied.

I looked down at my precious baby, her eyes were red and puffy from crying. That absolutely shattered my heart.

"Precious, you don't have to be scared. Eomma and Appa will always be here to protect you." I said as I kissed her forehead.

Ji eun looked back and forth at Bin and I, she finally calmed down and eventually snuggled her head on Bin's chest.

We spent the next 10 minutes or so just snuggling on the couch together, giving all our attention to our Ji eun-ie.

Giving her hugs and kisses as we talked to her about the most random things to get her mind off the loud thundering sounds, that actually really worked.

"Ji eun-ah, appa will sound proof the house tomorrow okay?" Bin said as he gazed into her eyes.

I looked up at Bin, rolling my eyes at his ridiculous suggestion.

"Appa is crazy for you, only for you Ji eun." I sighed jokingly

We exchanged funny banters as we watched our precious baby slowly drift to sleep.

After another 15 minutes, I slowly carried her back to our room and placed her in her crib. As soon as we laid her down, she immediately started to erupt in a faint cry.

"Aigoo, okay okay. Sleep with us in our bed tonight, okay?" I said as I once again gathered her back into my arms and swayed her gently.

I placed her in the middle, between us both. We snuggled under the blanket, Bin cradled Ji eun with one arm and leaned her small body against his chest while I gently cooed her to bed with endless amounts of hugs and soothing.

Just like that, the night swiftly went by.

AUTHORS NOTE
* just a short story because i thought of this lovely scenario today and couldn't wait to write it! hope you enjoyed it :)  next update will be back to normal !

see you soon xx