A Missing Puzzle Piece

YEJIN's POV

It has been one week since the birth of our beautiful baby. Ji eun is a week old! The past week has been a lot of adjusting and filled with many cuddles and kisses. Parenthood has been so blissful and so rewarding even though it has only been a week.

"My baby is already one week old, who allowed you to grow up this fast?" Bin said as he gave her belly kisses.

Ji eun since coming home from the hospital has gained weight which is so comforting to Bin and I because we know she's growing well and healthily. Her little chunky legs and hands plus her chubby cheeks are the death of us.

Bin was dressing Ji eun up for her first checkup at the hospital. Bin put on a thick onesie and a layered her up so she wouldn't catch a cold. He then picked her up and snuggled her in his arms as they made their way to our walk in closet where I was getting ready.

I heard footsteps approaching and turned around to see my beautiful little baby all dressed and ready. She looked absolutely adorable, she looked so grown up in her new outfit that I almost teared up.

"Ji eun-ie, you really are growing up too quickly" I exclaimed as I reached to hold her.
I held her in my arms and gave her so many kisses and snuggles.

This was technically Ji eun's first time out of the house. We have brought her for a walk a few days ago but it was really short and just around our neighbourhood so that didn't really count. As first time parents and this being her fists time leaving the house for a long period of time, we double checked that we had everything before we left the house.

"Diapers?"

"Yes, 7 pairs"

"Fresh set of onesies?"

"Yes 4 sets"

We went on for about a minute or two checking we had everything before we went to the car. Bin buckled her into her car seat making sure she was comfortable.

"Baby, eomma and appa will be in the front ok? don't be scared, i love you." Bin said in a high pitched tone as he gave Ji eun a little peck on the lips before he slowly closed the car door.

The car ride went smoothly, we kept talking to her so she wouldn't feel scared alone in the back. Eventually, she fell asleep.

When we arrived, I took Ji eun out from her car seat slowly as she was still fast asleep. As soon as she settled in my arms, she jolted awake. I held her tighter and gently swayed her side to side, giving her a kiss on her forehead.

"It's okay, it's eomma" I said softly

We walked into the Doctor Park's office once again. This time, we were not here for my pregnancy or to give birth (thank god) but we are here to see if Ji eun is growing well.

To be honest, we were really nervous for this checkup. It's her first checkup and as first time parents, we were nervous as we didn't know what to expect.

I held her tightly in my arms, she was half awake now and she placed her little hand on my chest.

"Ji eun-ie, you don't have to be afraid okay? Appa and eomma is right here, we are just getting you checked." Bin said softly as he bent down and gave her a kiss her forehead.

When we entered the office, Doctor Park greeted us warmly. She then took Ji eun's weight and measured her. Now it was the most challenging part, Ji eun was going to get her first vaccine jab. I held her tightly in my arms as Doctor Park explained the process of the vaccine.

A few minutes later, Doctor Park stepped out to grab the vaccine and it was just us 3 left in her office. I looked down at Ji eun and gave her a kiss on her cheeks. Bin then reached his arms out and I passed Ji eun to him.