A Special Day

YEJIN'S POV

It was 8am and I was already awake and busy in the kitchen. Today is September 25, a very special day. It was Bin's birthday!

We had already celebrated his birthday in advance with all our close family and friends last weekend but today I made plans to celebrate his birthday with him one last time as the two of us. It's crazy to think that this time next year, we would have our little princess who would already be almost one years old and celebrating with us.

For breakfast, I made traditional seaweed soup. In Korea, it's a tradition to have seaweed soup (miyeok-guk) for birthdays. So, I got up early and started making seaweed soup for him. Not just that, I had made some rice and heated up additional side dishes from the fridge. It was a very simple korean breakfast but it was all his favourite dishes. I quickly placed them on a tray and brought it up to our room.

Thankfully, he was still fast asleep. It was already 9pm so I decided it was time to wake him up. I asked him to inform his staff that he wasn't going in to work today day as I needed his help with the nursery so he wouldn't suspect anything. I went to his side of the bed and gave him little pecks on the lips to wake him up. Bin is a light sleeper so it only took less than a minute to walk him up. He opened his eyes and looked at me confused.

"Why are you all dressed already? Are you going out without me?" He asked with a cute little pout

"Silly, I made you breakfast."

I took the tray of food and presented it to him.

"Happy Birthday Love" I said and gave him a kiss.

He looked at all the food I made, "Thank you baby, you really didn't have to."

"No, it's your birthday. You have to eat miyeok-guk."

He kissed me and begun digging in.

We sat on the couch in our bedroom and ate breakfast together. He insisted on feeding me so I gave in and let him do it since it was his birthday.

"Oh yea! Go get ready and pick out something to wear, I'm going to bring you somewhere special today" I exclaimed

"Baby, where are we going?" Bin asked

"I'm not telling you." I said as I leaned over to him and gave him a kiss.

After breakfast, I picked out a matching couple outfit for the two of us. We both wore black that day.

Before it got late, I dragged him out of the house. I insisted that we take his sports car instead of our normal BMW that we always drive.

"I'm going to drive the sports car today" I said ambitiously

"Are you sure?, it's not as comfortable as the BMW"

"Yes i want to drive it, help me get in"

I was already 35 weeks pregnant at this point and my belly is huge so it's been a struggle to get into cars especially cars that are low to the ground like our sports car.

Bin opened the door for me and supported  my back and belly as I slowly got into the car. To be honest, I haven't driven in a quite a while as my manager usually drives me to work and also Bin drives me where ever I want to go. Nevertheless, I love the thrill so I stepped on the accelerator and zoomed out of our very quiet neighbourhood.

"Baby please slow down" Bin said worriedly

"Birthday boy, we are going to have fun today!"

Bin always has been protective over me plus now that i'm pregnant, he's even more protective and paranoid.

It was quite a long journey from our place but thanks to the sports car, we got there faster than I expected.

"Baby we are here" I said.

"Did you come to the wrong place? This is a private property."

"Just follow me" I said as I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

As soon as we got out of the car, I grabbed Bin's hand and ran towards the empty house in front of us.

"Omg please slow down, you are pregnant" Bin anxiously said.

Just a few steps later, we reached the entrance of the house. I reached into my purse and took out a pair of keys.

As I looked up at him, I immediately laughed at the sight of his confused face. I then grabbed his hands and placed the set of keys in his palm. 

"Happy Birthday, Love."

His mouth dropped, "YOU BOUGHT A HOUSE FOR ME??"

"I mean kinda.. I bought this house as a weekend vacation home for our growing family and registered it under your name."

He immediately embraced me in a hug.

"Come on! Don't you want to take a look inside?!" I exclaimed.

Bin immediately unlocked the door and I gave him a tour of the 2 level house.

This house is truly one of a kind as the backyard is  linked directly to one of Seoul's most beautiful beaches. It was perfect for a vacation home. I took him around the house and he was so happy with everything he saw.

"Here's why I bought the house." I said as I unlocked the back door in our backyard to the most stunning beach ever.

"Oh My God, It's beautiful"

I dragged him out from our backyard into the most beautiful private beach. Prior to this, I had hired someone to set up a picnic for us so we could enjoy the sunset and eat.

As we walked towards the beautiful picnic that was so perfectly set up, Bin suddenly stopped me. He pulled me into his arms and gave me another hug.

"I love you so much, thank you for everything" Bin said.

As the sun begun to set, we sat on the beach talking about everything under the sun. He laid his head on my lap and snuggled my belly, giving our princess many kisses so she doesn't feel left out. I ran my fingers through his hair and soaked up every moment.

"There's actually another reason as to why I bought this house" I said

"What is it love?" Bin looked up at me

"A few years ago, I was here at this beach filming a CF for a swimsuit company. I saw this house and told myself that one day I was going to buy it for my future family.  Then, I met you and our princess came along. You completed my dream, thank you."

Bin sat up and gave me a kiss.

"I love you so much, I can't wait to bring our princess here when she comes out. Thank you for the best birthday ever, you alone is already the best gift" Bin said as he looked into my eyes.

We spent the rest of the day at the beach in each other's arms, cuddling and laughing. After spending hours on the beach, we spent the rest of the weekend in our new home enjoying alone time with each other before the baby comes.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hi guys! i hope everyone enjoyed this chapter:) baby binjin will be making her appearance soon so if you have any korean name suggestions, let me know hahah. as usual, stay healthy and safe! see you in my next update 🤍