27

happy christmas (or whatever you do/don't celebrate), loves <3

"𝕳𝖔𝖜 𝖉𝖔 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖑𝖑 '𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊'?" - 𝕻𝖎𝖌𝖑𝖊𝖙
"𝖄𝖔𝖚 𝖉𝖔𝖓'𝖙 𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖎𝖙...𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖋𝖊𝖊𝖑 𝖎𝖙." - 𝕻𝖔𝖔𝖍"
― 𝕬.𝕬. 𝕸𝖎𝖑𝖓𝖊

⋆⋆⋆

(this chapter includes mature scenes

(this chapter includes mature scenes. please do not read if you are not mature/old/comfortable enough to read. enjoy <3)

AURORA WAS becoming confounded. Some might assume it's the extra loads of work since it was her final year and she would be taking her NEWTs; also because Umbridge was taking over. Others who knew her well enough would think it's from her occlumency lessons with Professor Snape and how she's trying to become a better seer with the help of Firenze; both of their lessons contravened each other.

Her friends and Hermione were starting to see the toll it was taking on her. The dark circles under her eyes were starting to become more prominent. Her hair seemed in disarray more frequently, which was out of character for her.

The situation with Cindy didn't help either. Aurora wasn't sure how to bring it up to Thomas since the last thing she wanted was for him to be hurt; the mere thought of it pained her. Even Cedric was unsure what to do, but he promised he'd be there with her when she decided to discuss it.

There was one part Aurora was definite about: she wouldn't hesitate to hex Cindy the next time she saw her for what she did to Hermione.

Hermione worried about Aurora. She didn't want her getting overloaded with tasks and information. Most of the time, when they got back to Aurora's room at the end of the night, the girl fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. Most of those nights, Hermione would gaze at Aurora's sleeping features as her eyes filled with worry.

Hermione wanted to efface some of Aurora's tension.

Aurora was walking alongside Cedric. Her steps seemed slower than usual from the constant exhaustion that buried itself within her.

"Have you been getting some rest," Cedric concernedly asked as he looked at his friend. Her head slowly nodded as her eyes stayed fixed on the ground beneath their feet. "As soon as my head hits the pillow."

Cedric's lips frowned at her words. "You need to prioritize your mental health, you know?" Aurora sighed out as she turned to look at him. "We have NEWTs this year, and I have those extra lessons. If I have to let my mental state diminish for a short while to prevent things like what almost happened to you last year, then I'll manage."