19

". . . 𝖆 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖒𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖚𝖌𝖓𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖔𝖓𝖊'𝖘 𝖇𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖊𝖋𝖘 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖇𝖊 𝖆𝖘 𝖙𝖗𝖚𝖊 𝖆𝖘 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖕𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊."
― 𝕿𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖔𝖗 𝕮𝖆𝖑𝖉𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖑

⋆⋆⋆

AURORA WAS unable to sleep

AURORA WAS unable to sleep. At first, she thought it was from her extraordinary date with Hermione, but then her headache began.

A groan erupted from her throat. She was pleased that it was still the weekend so that she didn't have to bother with classes. But then she remembered she was Head Girl and would have to perform some tasks at least.

She tried to calm her mind down and at least force the headache to subside to some extent but failed. Aurora's brain wasn't wired to be pacified.

Aurora hoped that if her headache was vision-related, that it would appear soon in her mind to rid of the nasty pain. Her wish failed miserably.

She turned her head to stare out the window. The night was slowly turning into the day from the darkness turning into subtle hues of oranges and pinks. The lights twinkling in her hazel orbs.

She believed it would be best to go ahead and get out of bed. She was aware by now that these headaches meant something, and it wasn't to be ignored.

Frustrated, in pain, and beyond exhausted, Aurora begrudgingly lifted herself out of bed. Standing up almost felt worse as nausea waved over her causing her to sit back down on the edge of her bed.

Aurora figured it would probably be best if she went to visit Madame Pomfrey for a temporary solution at least. She knew if she went into the great hall, then she would definitely vomit. Nothing makes nausea worse than being surrounded by various smells, especially food ones.

She quickly got ready, her body engulfed in an oversized sweatshirt she practically stole from Cedric before walking into the common room where some of the Ravenclaw prefects stood.

Their eyes landed on her pale face and disheveled appearance, earning concerned expressions. Her eyes squinted from the rays of sunshine, lighting the room, and her arms crossed over her chest as added comfort.

Aurora avoided their gaze as she left through the portrait hole to see Cedric waiting for her. His presence surprised her.

"For bloody sake's, Ced, you startled me," she mumbled. Her hands flung to her temples, her fingers massaging them as her eyes squeezed shut.

Cedric's brows furrowed together, knowing something was wrong. "Another headache?" A grunt left her mouth as she nodded.

He didn't hesitate to walk over to her and wrapped a comforting arm around her. "I'll come with you to Madame Pomfrey's." "But you'll miss breakfast." She almost dry heaved from the thought of food.