34

"𝕾𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖔𝖔 𝖘𝖚𝖓𝖐 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖎𝖙𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖞𝖘𝖒𝖆𝖑."
― 𝕳𝖊𝖓𝖗𝖞 𝕵𝖆𝖒𝖊𝖘

⋆⋆⋆

HERMIONE REMEMBERS waking up to find Aurora crying

HERMIONE REMEMBERS waking up to find Aurora crying. Her eyes were shut as she cried. She sat up against the headboard huddled over. The tears streaming from her tear ducts dampened her skin.

"What happened?" Hermione softly asked as she crawled closer to Aurora.

"I..," she started to speak, her voice hoarse from crying, "Something horrible is going to happen, and I don't know how to prevent it." Aurora's heart continued to sink further into the pit of her stomach from the realization.

Hermione's eyes saddened at her words and the state her lover was in. She wrapped an arm around Aurora's shoulders, pulling her closer as the blonde rested her head on Hermione's shoulder. Tears kept pouring from her eyes, dampening her cheeks and Hermione's shirt.

"What can I do to help? Should we tell Dumbledore?"

"I—," as Aurora was about to respond, the unbearable pain of a migraine started to split her skull. A cry left her mouth, catching Hermione's attention immediately.

"I'm taking you to Madam Pomfrey."

Hermione rushed to grab a jumper for her and Aurora before hurrying back over to the blonde. She gently helped put it on Aurora since she knew the halls and hospital wing would be cold.

Hermione's arm securely wrapped around Aurora's waist as they walked towards the hospital wing. Aurora could barely keep her eyes open from the piercing pain shooting in her head. It felt as if a thin, long needle was moving back and forth between random points inside her skull. The pain was completely intolerable.

The voices coming from Hermione and Madam Pomfrey were nothing but mumbles to her. She could barely make out any of the words. All she remembers was that one moment she was being held up by Hermione before being laid down on the bed and given her remedy by Pomfrey. They were fortunate that Dumbledore made sure she kept it in her arsenal in case Aurora would need it.

Hermione's hand was grasped firmly in Aurora's, and she didn't mind how hard Aurora was squeezing it. Her attention was completely focused on ensuring Aurora would feel better soon.

"She needs to rest. I'll be back later to check on her. The medicine should kick in any moment."

Hermione briefly glanced at Madam Pomfrey as she nodded. "Thank you." She turned back to Aurora, and Pomfrey walked away.

Hermione reached up and gently brushed her hand over Aurora's hair. "I'm right here," she softly whispered. A reassuring squeeze was given to Aurora's hand.