17

"𝕾𝖊𝖊 𝖍𝖔𝖜 𝖘𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖓𝖘 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖊𝖐 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉. 𝕺, 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕴 𝖜𝖊𝖗𝖊 𝖆 𝖌𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖚𝖕𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝕴 𝖒𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 𝖙𝖔𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖊𝖐!"
― 𝖂𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖒 𝕾𝖍𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖊

⋆⋆⋆

AURORA SAT patiently in the library working on assignments

AURORA SAT patiently in the library working on assignments. Her eyes skimmed over the back of her hand at the torn skin as her finger gently rubbed the ointment into it.

Her mind wandered, thinking how unpleasant Umbridge was and was curious how someone could be so cruel.

Aurora cleared her throat and started back on writing her parchment for potions class, trying her best to focus on the task. It was challenging for her to focus since her thoughts kept drifting and thinking about Hermione.

It wasn't surprising that a moment later the bushy-haired witch appeared at the table that was only fit for two and sat across from the blonde.

Aurora looked at her as Hermione shuffled around to get her belongings onto the table to work on them. Her hair was messier than usual, and she seemed a bit distressed as well.

"Is everything okay," she inquired as she looked concerningly at the bright, young witch.

Hermione's chocolate orbs met with Aurora's hazel ones. It helped her become more at ease as she sunk into the comforting golden green eyes.

"It's mainly just Ron, again," Hermione replied, slightly rolling her eyes at the mention of the ginger's name.

"I know it's difficult, but you shouldn't let him bother you. What was it this time?"

Hermione's teeth grazed and tugged at her bottom lip. "It was you, actually."

"What?"

Hermione huffed out in annoyance, thinking about the small argument with Ron.

"I honestly don't understand him sometimes. You'd think after all these years of us being friends and going through the things we've had to go through that he'd be kinder. He just kept prying on about what this weekend between you and me is all about."

"Oh..," Aurora softly responded as she thought. It peeved her that Ron was jealous of the situation, yet the two women haven't even had their first date.

She looked up at Hermione, who was noticeably upset about the situation. Aurora leaned forward and gently grabbed her hand and rubbed her thumb over the back of it comfortingly.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with his rubbish, but don't let him get in the way of you being happy. He doesn't deserve to have that effect on you."

Hermione gave a small smile as she looked at Aurora and melted into the touch. Her eyes gazed down at their hands before filling with worry.