13

"𝕬𝖑𝖑 𝖜𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖉𝖊𝖈𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖉𝖔 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖌𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖚𝖘."
― 𝕵.𝕽.𝕽. 𝕿𝖔𝖑𝖐𝖊𝖎𝖓

⋆⋆⋆

EVERYONE WAS currently sitting in their compartments

EVERYONE WAS currently sitting in their compartments. Hermione felt awful about essentially leaving Harry alone on his own since she and Ron were now prefects. She was relieved and comforted by the fact that she was closer to Aurora at least.

They sat across from each other with Ron and Cedric by their sides. Cedric and Hermione were both reading the Daily Prophet; Aurora read her book on prophecies and different forms of divination; and Ron was just sitting there looking out the window obviously bored.

Hermione couldn't help but glance up at Aurora whenever she could. Her eyes caught the the highlights in her hair from the rays of the sun, the twinkle in her curious orbs that focused on the words written in the book grasped firmly in her hands. She noticed the pink flushed lips that set on the girl's face. Hermione quietly cleared her throat bringing herself back to reality as she reset her focus to the newspaper.

"So, what exactly do we do as prefects on the train," Ron asked. Aurora's eyes lifted from the flimsy paper between two of her fingers to the red-haired boy.

"We usually just do scouts on the train at various times to make sure no one is misbehaving," she responded. Her eyes tracing over to the bushy-haired brunette in front of her. "We'll probably start the first round soon."

The heart inside Aurora slightly pounded with excitement. She was looking forward to the year starting and going on the Hogsmeade trips to spend time with Hermione. Both females were ecstatic about the situation.

Aurora's teeth lightly tugged at her bottom lip to stop a huge grin from forming on her mouth. She didn't want Cedric pestering her about why she was smiling so brightly to earn the explanation in front of the two Gryffindor prefects; the thought alone made her embarrassed.

"I want to go check on Harry when we patrol," Hermione told Ron who nodded in response. They all went back to reading, or just staring out the window, until a bit longer passed. Their prefect and head pins were secured on their clothes as they stood up.

"Typically you patrol with your fellow prefect from your house, but Cedric and I always do it together since our housemates understand the situation," Aurora explained to the two as she held the sliding glass door open for them.

"That explains why I always saw you both together even though you're Ravenclaw and he's Hufflepuff. If no one knew better, then they'd think you're somewhat of an item," said Hermione, a small blush creeping on her cheeks from the statement since she was guilty of thinking they were a couple in the past.