37

"𝕲𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖋, 𝕴'𝖛𝖊 𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖉, 𝖎𝖘 𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖑𝖞 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊. 𝕴𝖙'𝖘 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖌𝖎𝖛𝖊, 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖈𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖔𝖙. 𝕬𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖚𝖓𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖙 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖌𝖆𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖚𝖕 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖊𝖞𝖊𝖘, 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖑𝖚𝖒𝖕 𝖎𝖓 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖔𝖆𝖙, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖔𝖑𝖑𝖔𝖜 𝖕𝖆𝖗𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖞𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖘𝖙. 𝕲𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖋 𝖎𝖘 𝖏𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖓𝖔 𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖌𝖔."
― 𝕵𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖊 𝕬𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖔𝖓

⋆⋆⋆

THE SUMMER following Voldemort's return and the death of Sirius black carried a heavy toll on everyone

THE SUMMER following Voldemort's return and the death of Sirius black carried a heavy toll on everyone. A week after Sirius's death, Harry secluded himself to grieve for some time.

Aurora spent a few weeks staying at headquarters to check in on Remus and make sure he was taken care of. She felt guilty for Sirius's death. If only she had told them sooner that this would happen. She hates that Dumbledore told her not to. Nothing could describe her frustration about the situation.

The only thoughts that ran through her head were 'what if's, which aren't helpful. They are full of endless possibilities. Possibilities that one would never know what would've happened afterward because they never occurred.

She hated that. Her hopes were now empty promises.

Tonks also stayed to help out with Remus. he barely came out of his room. He only got the love of his life back two years ago to have him killed in front of him. How could someone repair that? The emptiness that follows the death of one's star-crossed lover was nearly impossible to mend.

"You can't keep blaming yourself, you know," Tonks asked.

The pair sat in the kitchen. Aurora had a cup of tea clasped between her hands. Her flesh stole the warmth from the mug. She looked up at Tonks for a moment before looking back down.

"It's challenging."

"You're going to kill yourself with that guilt if you don't stop. It would help if you got a break from this place. I can take care of him."

Aurora knew she needed to get a breath of air from this place. She just couldn't help but think of Remus. She also had tons of unpacking to do at the apartment she and Cedric got, so there was an incentive for her to leave.

"I know Hermione would want to see you," tonks added.

The mention of her name made Aurora's heart skip a beat. Aurora's hand instinctively went to the locket around her neck Hermione gave her months ago that she still wears every day. She missed her love, but then an ache followed. Why should she be able to go back to the love of her life when Remus couldn't do the same? There was now a hole where he used to feel complete with Sirius in it. An unbearable pain that one should never know the feeling of.