2

"𝕬𝖑𝖑 𝖜𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖉𝖊𝖈𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖜𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖙𝖔 𝖉𝖔 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖎𝖘 𝖌𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝖚𝖘."
― 𝕵.𝕽.𝕽. 𝕿𝖔𝖑𝖐𝖊𝖎𝖓

⋆⋆⋆

IT WAS the beginning of a new school year. Hogwarts attendees sat in the Hogwarts Express in their cabins. Aurora and Cedric were prefects and sat with the other prefects and heads of houses.

"Do you think it'll be an exciting year," asked Aurora as she looked over at him. "I see why not. We should probably start patrolling the train."

Aurora nodded as they got up to look around. Ideally, the Ravenclaw prefects would check their area with their coinciding prefect and the same with the Hufflepuffs. Still, everyone knew how close Cedric and Aurora were, so they didn't mind them patrolling together.

They walked around, and everything seemed to be in order. No first or second years were pulling any pranks.

Not far ahead of them, they saw the sweets trolley. "Want anything off the trolley, dears," the woman kindly asked with a smile. Harry and Ron appeared. "A packet of drewbals and a liquorice wand," Ron asked, but then realized he didn't have enough on him. Harry offered to help pay, but Ron ended up opting for the drewbals alone.

Aurora saw Cho Chang appear behind the lady with a couple of her friends before politely asking for a couple of pumpkin pasties. "Pumpkin pasties sound good, don't they," Aurora asked Cedric. "I can pay for them," he replied with a smile. "You don't have to." "I want to."

Harry and Ron went back into their cabin with Harry blushing lightly and a smile on his face thinking of Cho. "Two pumpkin pasties, please," Cedric asked the woman as he and Aurora walked up to her. "Of course, dears."

As the woman handed Cedric the pasties, Aurora glanced inside the cabin to see Harry still smiling, Ron eating his drewbals in satisfaction, and Hermione reading the Daily Prophet.

Aurora smiled to herself, looking at the young witch clearly invested in her newspaper. "Here you go," Cedric stated, bringing Aurora's focus back to him. "Thank you." She smiled as she took a pasty from him and bit into it.

The dessert was always so moist, decadent, and never too sweet. "What were you looking at," asked Cedric as they continued to walk around the train patrolling.

"Nothing really. I was just peering into their cabin to observe. You know I'm inquisitive about things." "It didn't happen to be a certain witch, was it?" Aurora blushed slightly as she took another bite of the pumpkin pasty.

"I'm not judging you if you were," Cedric told her in a calming tone. "I know you aren't. I haven't talked to her much, but she sparks my curiosity for some reason. I can't place it."