18

"𝕷𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖐𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖊𝖞𝖊𝖘, 𝖇𝖚𝖙 𝖜𝖎𝖙𝖍 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉, 𝕬𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖜𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖉 𝕮𝖚𝖕𝖎𝖉 𝖕𝖆𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖇𝖑𝖎𝖓𝖉."
― 𝖂𝖎𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖆𝖒 𝕾𝖍𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖘𝖕𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖊

⋆⋆⋆

AURORA WAS extremely nervous

AURORA WAS extremely nervous. Her fingers fiddled with each other as they walked towards Hogsmeade. The silence between them was comfortable, but the desire to break it was high.

"Did you sleep well last night," Aurora asked. She turned her head to gaze at the beautiful witch beside her. "A bit poor, really." Her eyebrow quirked up with curiosity. "Any reason why?"

Hermione shrugged her shoulders lightly as a small smile formed on her lips. "My mind was just anticipating today." Aurora's heart fluttered. She smiled to herself. "Harry appreciated the ointment as well. He told me to let you know he thanks you for it. It's really helped ease the pain for him."

"I'm glad. He hasn't gotten any more detention, has he?" Hermione shook her head. "No. I hope he doesn't, but who knows. Umbridge really is awful, so it wouldn't surprise me if she gave him detention for an arbitrary reason."

"I can't disagree with you there. In all my years at Hogwarts, it bewilders me that the ministry is so insistent on discrediting Dumbledore with no hard proof on why they think he's wrong and why they want to silence him. I still think I much prefer Fudge over Umbridge, though," discussed Aurora.

The two females agreed. Neither were fans of how the ministry was being run, but they both were certain that Umbridge was far worse than anyone anticipated.

The couple grew quieter on their political views as they drew closer to the crowd within Hogsmeade. They walked towards the Three Broomsticks where, upon arrival, Aurora leaned forward and grasped the cool metal knob in her hand. She pulled it open for the brunette and smiled at her, her other arm directing the woman inside. "After you."

Hermione's heart warmed at the gesture, and smiled at the blonde. She said a soft 'thank you' before walking into the building with Aurora not far behind her. They observed the crowded restaurant.

"Is there a particular spot you prefer," asked Aurora as she looked at Hermione. "Anywhere is fine," she replied, earning a nod from the blonde.

Aurora stepped forward, causing Hermione to follow her closely, as she walked to an empty table suitable for the two. "Shall I order a round of butterbeer," inquired the blonde. "That would be nice."

Hermione watched as Aurora stepped away to go to the counter to order their drinks while she started to sit down in the wooden chair. Her hands fiddled with each other from the nerves swelling inside her. She was beyond thrilled this date was happening; it was so surreal to her that she wanted to pinch herself over and over again to make sure it wasn't a dream.