20

"𝖂𝖊 𝖍𝖆𝖛𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖉𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊 𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘, 𝖍𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖗 𝖘𝖙𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖋 𝖒𝖆𝖞 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖊."
― 𝕸𝖆𝖞 𝕾𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖔𝖓

⋆⋆⋆

THINGS WERE starting to change at Hogwarts, and it wasn't for the better

THINGS WERE starting to change at Hogwarts, and it wasn't for the better. Dolores Umbridge was starting to gain more control of Hogwarts under the so-called ministry orders.

Hermione got the brilliant idea to have Harry teach students, who were willing to learn, real defense against the dark arts lessons. Harry felt slightly hesitant about being the teacher, but he reluctantly agreed to it due to Hermione's persistence.

When Hermione first brought it up, Harry thought it was a ridiculous notion since he felt most students thought he was either insane or a liar due to the ministry and Daily Prophet saying so. Hermione was eager, however, to get him to do it. She knew it was the right thing to do, just like when she started S.P.E.W.

The day was now Tuesday, and Aurora was slightly regretting it. It was her first lesson with Snape on occlumency. She knew what it was, obviously, but she's never practiced it before since it was never necessary.

Instead of spending time with Hermione in the library, she had to proceed down to the dungeons. Her footsteps echoed off the walls as her feet led her down the stairs. She paced herself in a normal fashion; she wasn't eager, but she also didn't want to be late.

Then there she stood in front of his door, her hand raising to knock on it to inform him of her presence. The door swung open revealing Professor Snape with his nonchalant yet smug expression.

"Professor," she said with a courteous nod. He didn't say a word as he walked away. Aurora followed him inside before being advised to sit down.

She did as she was told. Aurora has never had any quarrel with Snape and didn't want to start that now. She sat in the wooden chair, crossing her legs soon after with her hands placed in her lap. Her bag rested against the legs of her seat.

"I assume you are aware of what legilimency and occlumency are, correct," Snape spoke. "Yes, sir."

He turned to face her with the same expression he always wore. "In order for you to perform occlumency, you will need to rid your mind of all emotions. Try your best to close your mind so that a master of legilimency can not penetrate your mind."

Aurora nodded, but her brows furrowed. "May I ask a question first, professor?" Snape's brows rose, nonverbally allowing her to continue. "Why did Professor Dumbledore insist I take these lessons?"