129 - Rebecca

I was just bending over my counter to reach for my backpack when I felt Colby come up behind me. My back straightened instantly as I leaned into his warmth, only to feel a drop of water on my shoulder. My head jerked back to see he was only wearing a pair of sweatpants with damp hair. He smelt amazing. Right out of the shower.

For whatever reason, I whimpered and spun in his arms to get close to him. Our lips pressed together instantly, the counter at my back. I felt his hands sliding down to my ass and I didn't care one bit. Butterflies attacked my stomach as he slid his tongue into my mouth.

I moaned softly as I pulled back panting. "You can't take me off guard like that," I breathed, trying to push him away but he wouldn't budge. "You're way too hot."

A grin came over his face. "Thank you, baby." I was melting on the spot. "Do you want to take a car or run to the house?"

"Run," I replied instantly.

He nodded and zipped away, coming back unfortunately wearing a shirt. It took me a moment to realise that he hadn't brushed his fingers through his hair or dressed up in jeans. It took me another moment to spot the adorable curls.

"No fucking way."

"What?"

"You're keeping the curls?"

He hesitated. "Maybe."

"Why?" He shrugged and ran around the counter, picking my backpack up for me and slinging it over his shoulder. I was still stood blankly staring at him. Oh, hell yes. "I love you, Colby."

Colby smiled, literally sweeping me off of my feet. "I love you too, Rebecca," he murmured then the world turned into a blur. I held onto him tightly but kept my eyes open. When we stopped, we were in the hallway of the house. He placed me down just as a blur flew by for the red room's hallway. I grabbed Colby's hand making sure to intertwine our fingers and started walking—stomping, in my case.

"Oh! They're back. Took less time than I thought," Kevin yelled loud enough for me. I rolled my eyes but couldn't help the smile on my face. I was so happy that I couldn't even act angry.

We walked into the red room together and went straight to his chair. Unlike normal, however, he sat down properly and I perched on the arm: we weren't going to be here for very long.

Katrina twisted to look at me from Sam's arms, a smile on her face. "How are you doing, Becky?" She asked politely. Her eyes flicked for half a second to Colby's hair and then the little smile on my face that I couldn't wipe off. Her face completely changed. "You two said it, didn't you?"

Sam's head snapped to Colby's face for confirmation. He was smiling softly, too.

"No fucking way!" Elton exclaimed in disbelief. I wanted to glare at him but I knew it wouldn't have the normal effect, which annoyed me only a little.

"That's none of your business, we have something to talk about," Colby said to change the subject. I noticed his hair had already dried, ensuring that those curls were going to be there until he showered next. I had to smile a little more to myself, catching his eye.

Just to make sure I didn't kiss him right now, I turned my face away and cleared my throat. "One of my employees was killed at the showcase trying to help me but he changed instead of dying. We have to go and help him."

"He... him," Tara replied staring at me, "Jax?" I nodded. "Never thought you'd help him."

I shrugged. "We're going to, whether you like it or not. I can always blackmail you, too." I smiled sweetly at Tara as she glanced at Colby. I knew he was lightly shaking his head to himself. She looked back at me and smiled.

"Alright, I'll help. What do we need to do?"

"If he listened to me, then he locked himself in a house—killed the owners but that's beside the point. I think we need to take some blood and explain his abilities to him. Whatever else you're supposed to do for a new vampire."

Sam nodded to himself but I could see the questioning on his face. "Is he going to try to kill you if we take you?"

I shrugged. "I'll have you guys with me so it's not like he's going to succeed in anything." I paused, sensing Colby's stare at me. I turned to him just barely, a warning on my face. "And there's no way that I'm not going."

He grunted before zipping off for half a second. I realised he'd taken my backpack elsewhere since it was now missing. He looked up at his clan, his lips moving but no words coming out that I could hear. After a moment, Elton ran from the room and Sam stood up with Kat to follow. I watched them leave passively.

"Where are we actually going?" Tara asked, stealing my attention. I pulled my phone out and showed her—she narrowed her eyes then turned to Jake. He smiled and the two of them suddenly disappeared. I looked to Colby but he didn't explain where they'd gone.

Elton returned carrying a bag, waiting in the doorway. Kevin, Corey, Devyn, and Aryia all stood up in wait, turning to Colby. He stood up with them all and took me with him so we were stood side by side holding hands. Right now, that wasn't enough for me—I needed to be close to him. I turned my body toward Colby as I stepped into his side. His arm slid around my waist appreciatively; eagerly. He wanted me to be close to him, too.

Sam came back in with his game face on. "Tara and Jake have gone to scout out the house for the damage Jax has done," he explained for me. "Elton has blood bags so he has to go in first." Sam paused. "If you're okay with that."

"Obviously," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"We'll wait outside until Jax is ready... you know he's going to be different, right?"

I had to stop for a second to stare Sam in the face, deciding whether he was being serious or not. I realised he was and wanted to smack him upside the head. "No pulse, will want to drain me of my life form... yeah, I'm not a moron, Sam." I snapped.

"Just checking. Everyone who I've seen change has come out—"

"Chill with the explanation, Samuel," I said as I pushed closer to Colby. I was ready to go and all this mansplaining was getting on my nerves. I felt a pause between everyone before Colby reached down to get a better hold on me. I held him back as tightly as I could.

The world became a blur.