108 - Rebecca

Colby read my mind when he turned toward Tender Greens. He just knew me so well—or knew what I craved constantly. He was holding my hand as he drove, his fingers carefully squeezing at random times. It was like we couldn't stand not being close to one another, which I had to admit I didn't mind. He was now a part of my life—a very big part of it. I couldn't lose that.

We pulled up outside Tender Greens a few minutes after Colby had started driving. I was baffled, to be honest, but I was also kind of excited. A date with Colby—technically our third just going to Tender Greens, but whatever.

I tried not to make my good mood too obvious as I climbed out of the car and let Colby take my hand again. He led me inside, talking to the hostess then passing the slutty waitress. I didn't let myself look at her because I knew it would ruin my mood, and I didn't want that. Sitting in a booth with Colby beside me, it felt like we were a normal couple on a normal night out; not even the mark on my neck was extraordinary.

We ordered then were left alone. I looked at Colby, into his bright blue human eyes, and swooned. My heart definitely skipped a beat in my chest, which made him smile and wrinkle his face. I almost giggled as I nudged the side of his face with my nose. He turned his head just as I was pulling away, capturing me in a kiss. It was innocent, yet seemed too hungry for this place.

When we pulled back at the same time, we both moved into 'movie scene positions'. I laid my head on my arms on the table so that I could see him and he rested his head on his hand, his elbow on the table as he looked back at me. I had to smile.

What had made me so giddy? So girly and almost cheesy? And what had made him the same? I couldn't complain though, really, could I?

I mimicked his pose, lifting my head only to rest it on my fist. "Slutty waitress is here again. If she comes to our table, I'm kicking her in the shin." I told him as I smirked wickedly. He chuckled, shaking his head. "I mean it, you know. I can't have women looking at you—they'll just want to jump your skin."

"Like you?" He questioned.

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked away from him. "No, I'm over that. I don't want to jump your skin at all anymore."

"Reeeeally?" Colby teased. I felt his hand on my thigh, riding up and up. My stomach knotted and my breath hitched in my throat—an audible sign he'd affected me. He smirked, putting his hand back on the table. "What I thought."

"Shut it." I motioned for him to keep quiet. He just grinned at me. "Actually, now that I know the secret, you can tell me why you wouldn't"—I lowered my voice—"fuck me."

He bit his lip in embarrassment. "Getting excited makes me lose control—it's worse for me than the other guys, I think. My vamp comes out ten times easier and I always end up biting whoever I'm fucking. That would've meant you. You smell so good, I know I wouldn't have stopped."

My heart jumped. "So you really couldn't, huh?" He shook his head. "What about now, after you've fed on me?"

"I don't know," he admitted.

"We should test it." The look he gave me was comical. "What? Maybe I was lying about not wanting to get into your pants. You still drive me nuts, Colbs."

He glanced down at the lace of my top. "If you're wearing that and we're anywhere near a bed, I don't know if I'll be able to stay away anyway."

I smirked. "Gotta look good for our date, which you still haven't asked me on, by the way."

"Do I still have to ask you on a date?" I raised a brow. "It's just that we're kind of serious. I thought I could just grab you and take you to dinner and skip the asking part."

I rolled my eyes. "It would be nice to be asked first. But I suppose you're kind of right." I paused. "So can we tonight? At least try?"

"I thought you said you wouldn't beg," Colby whispered as his hand touched my thigh.

"Asking isn't the same as begging. And if you don't answer, I'm going to jump you. It won't be very hard when I'm only wearing a shirt feeling all hot and—"

"Unless you want to be bent over the table, I suggest you shut up," Colby growled so suddenly that I startled. My open mouth closed, my breathing coming unevenly. I kind of wanted to be bent over this table, but I couldn't say that out loud because I had a feeling Colby would actually do it.

I tried to distract myself. "You haven't answered my question."

He pressed his lips into a line. "I've exercised a lot of self-control today and I've been through a lot. I don't know if I have it in me to fuck you. Besides, you have your showcase very soon and I'm sure you want to be able to walk during it."

"Walking isn't that important," I muttered. Colby smiled and kissed my temple. "But fine, I guess. Only for getting through the showcase without killing either Angela or my mom."

Colby's face changed. "Angela will be there?" He asked, suddenly grave.

"Yes. I wish she wouldn't be. Unless she's busy with her stalker, she wouldn't miss it. Mom makes sure of that." I rolled my eyes.

"Will there be any access to sharp objects?"

I snorted, shaking my head. "Don't worry, Colbs. She won't kill me. She just slashed my arm to draw blood; to test you. I didn't know what she would have done if you'd lost control, but she's a nutcase so of course, the first thing she thought of was that."

"As long as you're sure," he grumbled.

"I am." I smiled.

Except I wasn't so sure at all.