126 - Rebecca

Despite my anger spiralling out of control, I kept my cool until butterflies started in my stomach. I noticed Sam and Tara in the corner of my eye straightening up to wait for the incoming clan. Would they all be there? Would they all be alive? Had we won this battle, and therefore started a war?

A moment of dead silence between all of us was cut off when Jake flew through the red room door straight to Tara, who was up and on his lap in the blink of an eye. She grabbed him for a hug, the two of them stealing my attention only for a half-second.

Why? Because I saw red hair and blue eyes in the corner of my eye and my whole body forced me to turn to it. I saw Colby within a split second standing just in the room. Surprisingly, he was helping Corey, who had gotten hurt from the battle, inside. Devyn was beside them with Kevin. Mike came inside the room and glanced at me before he took over for Colby, giving him a look.

I waited a moment until Colby had accepted the act. Then I was up.

I jumped on him like a koala and he caught me. His strange mixture of heat and cold radiated all over me, confirming for me that he really was there and he hadn't gotten hurt for once. All things considered, we were very lucky. All of us.

Reluctantly, I pulled back as I dropped my feet to the ground. I was clutched to Colby, my hands on his chest and my back arched. The anger inside of me had seeped out during the hug, leaving me only with my desire for him knowing he was alive. I thought he could read that in my eyes because he glanced at Sam before his arm wrapped around my back and everything became a blur. Again, I held onto him for dear life.

When we stopped, I recognised my bedroom. I'd been set down next to the bed with Colby still attached to me. But we didn't speak for a second, just stared at each other. I didn't know how either of us were holding onto our emotions and our urges right now, but we were, and a part of me was loving it.

However, the other part of me was stronger.

My body moved on its own accord closer to his embrace. The front of our bodies pressed together as I circled my arms around his neck and dragged his head down. He eagerly met me in the middle, his lips pressing harshly against mine. He was grasping my waist almost feverishly, ensuring that I wasn't going anywhere.

He could trust that I wasn't.

His hand slid down to my thigh and he tripped me onto my bed. I crawled back as he threw his shirt to the side and came down on top of me. He kissed me, putting just a portion of his weight down to pin me. I arched into him just for the contact.

It only escalated from there. He got off my blazer then ripped the shirt I had worn beneath. I helped him to tug down his pants. Every one of our feelings passed between us, our need for one another swirling in the air around us; our relief filling the room.

He didn't feed on me this time.

Hours later, we were laid back to front in my bed under the heat of the covers. The sun had come up at some point. I had no idea when, only that it was shining around my curtains, lighting up specific spots on the walls. It was kind of beautiful—the orange glow.

Colby's face tucked in closer to my neck, his nose brushing against my skin as he inhaled. I didn't look at him when I whispered, "do you need to feed?"

"No," he replied instantly, tugging me closer.

I hummed. "Why not? You didn't have much earlier."

Colby sighed softly, taking my face in one of his hands. He turned my head as far back as it could go then leaned over me to kiss me, just lightly, on the lips. I felt a zing of electricity through my body.

"I barely need any of your blood to get me to full strength, Becks. You're really fucking potent." He grinned. "I picked a good one."

My heart fluttered as I playfully pushed his head away. He chuckled against me, dramatically falling back. The tight grip he had on my waist sent me with him and I quickly flipped so I was straddling his waist. I smacked his chest, smiling.

He raised his hand to my face, just so he could hold it, and I let him, basking in the warmth he brought me. His other hand rubbed up and down my thigh.

We sat there in silence staring at each other, feelings still hanging in the air.

After what seemed like forever, Colby started smiling that big, toothy smile I rarely got to see. My heart jumped in my chest as I frowned at him, shifting over his stomach. He just shook his head and dragged me down to kiss him. I did, but only for a moment.

"Why were you smiling?" I asked without sitting back up. Colby flipped us, shifting his weight onto his arms so he wouldn't crush me. He wasn't even that heavy, but I appreciated the gesture.

He leaned down to kiss me then leaned into my ear. "I had no idea I'd made you fall in love with me."

My heart stopped.

"Huh? What? When- I didn't I..." I trailed off. The scene flashed in my head and I wanted to punch myself in the face. No, I had not admitted that in front of everyone.

Fuck.

Colby was still smiling.

"You find that funny?" I accused as I narrowed my eyes at him. He half-shrugged, unable to wipe that smirk from his face. I scowled and pushed him to sit up. He did, and I tried to get away. His arm circled my waist, dragging me to sit on his lap instead.

"Why are you trying to get away from me, Becks?" He asked softly, his eyes bright, bright blue. I couldn't look into them.

"Because I didn't mean to tell you that!" I exclaimed, embarrassed. I fought to stand up but he wouldn't let me. "Or to tell anyone, for that matter. Let me go."

"No."

I groaned and whipped to face him. "Why?!"

The smile was softer now—gentler. He twisted me around to sit properly on his lap without argument and held me tightly with both of his arms around my waist. I was looking down at a Colby part of me hadn't expected.

"Because, Becks," he started and came a little closer, "I'm in love with a human."