78 - Rebecca

The bikini was just as little as I wanted it to be, and I was suddenly glad that Katrina had offered to give it to me, because my own bikinis weren't nearly as showy

The bikini was just as little as I wanted it to be, and I was suddenly glad that Katrina had offered to give it to me, because my own bikinis weren't nearly as showy. I hadn't expected Katrina to ever wear anything this little in front of anyone but Sam—her current bikini was a blue tube top and a matching bottom, all solid fabric with no strings. Whilst mine... many strings.

I begged that Colby wouldn't pull one of them at any point during my plan. If he did, he'd have more hell to pay than he already did, and I wasn't sure if he'd be able to handle that.

I walked downstairs shortly after, heading out to the backyard to join Katrina. To my surprise, when I got to the backdoor, I saw Tara outside too. She was hanging out in the shade in a bikini of her own, lying across an outdoor couch—unknowingly adding to my theory. She was ready for me to come out and the look on her face was priceless.

"Ho-ly shit!" She exclaimed. "Bitch, you have no idea."

"Bitch," I repeated, "I have a lot of an idea." Tara smirked and watched me walk to the sunbed next to Katrina, who was ogling at me. "I don't like being stared at." I snapped.

Katrina quickly averted her gaze to my face, a blush on her cheeks. "Sorry." She said. I wasn't used to that word, so I just ignored it. Tara stayed in the shadows muttering something to herself.

"We gonna catch some sun or what?" My question was only directed to Katrina. She quickly nodded and we both laid back at the same time. While she rested her hands by her thighs, I lifted mine over the back of the sunbed. With my legs stretched out too and the little fabric covering me, I was practically completely exposed.

"It's been too long since we did this." Tara said from a distance, loud enough for us to hear. "The other girls should be up soon to join."

"Wonderful." Katrina breathed. I stayed silent.

"Are you going to swim, bitch?" I shrugged. I heard the smirk in her voice when she spoke again. "Half naked wet girls are typically very hard to resist."

"I don't get that." Katrina replied. "What's the difference, really?"

Tara snickered. "I don't honestly know."

At first, I wasn't going to reply, but I realised I was lying in their house in Katrina's bikini under Tara's invite, so I was morally obligated. And besides, these girls were my friends. "We're just more slippery and I don't see how the consistency of a toad is attractive but apparently it is." I shrugged.

Katrina snorted. "Right!"

"There are plenty of things that boys find attractive that are weird. Even weirder that they all find it attractive too." Tara rambled.

"What's an example?" I asked.

"Lip bites." My cheeks flushed.

"I don't think that's weird." Katrina replied quietly. "It's an oral thing. Any excuse to look at your lips and the boys go loopy over it."

Tara snorted. "True. Especially for Colby."

"Shut it." I snapped. My eyes flickered over to Tara to glare at her but she was lying on the couch smirking at me too much; I couldn't hold it. I turned around quickly again and re-closed my eyes.

Katrina let out a little sigh as she shifted. "I think the boys are actually too wound up. Being able to hear each other makes them hold back."

"I know! I mean, it's a little weird that I can hear Kevin joking about us while we're fucking but I mean... come on, I don't want Jake holding back. You know, the first time we were together, aside from the incident, he was so good. I'm pretty sure I would have passed out after even if he hadn't lost control."

"Sam's good at control so that's never going happen to me." Katrina said confidently. "And he's great at that too."

"At that." Tara snorted. "Say it for what it is Katrina: Sam's good in bed. Sam's good at fu—"

I decided to save Katrina. "Hey, bitch, you said 'that' last night." I growled without looking at her.

"Alright, fine. But that's because I didn't know if you would say it outright."

"I'm not prude." I glanced at Katrina apologetically, which took even myself by surprise. She smiled back, forgiving me even though I didn't need her to. "I can already tell Colby's gonna be good. He has to stop being a pussy first."

"You are what you eat." Tara pointed out. I let a smile creep onto my face. "I literally dread to think what y'alls makeup sex would be like. You already almost fuck every time you get pissed off at anything, let alone each other."

I shrugged. "We're driven by anger."

"No shit."

"Are you sure that's anger, though?" Katrina questioned as she looked over at me. I didn't meet her eyes. "Might just be, I don't know, a need for each other? You know, any time you're upset—that can be sad and angry. You cling to each other when you're happy too." I scoffed. Katrina's responding hard voice surprised me. "Do not start, Rebecca. You have been happy."

My lip slid between my teeth for a second before I replied with honesty. "It was more the 'cling to each other' bit."

"You do."

"I thought it was cute at first"—I cast Tara a hard glare—"but now I just see the start of my relationship with Jake instead. Wait until that passes and you start to feel the obsession kick in."

"Start to?" I muttered. I hadn't meant to say it out loud, but since it was out, I didn't really see a point in trying to take it back. If Katrina heard it, she didn't say anything, and Tara fell into silence as well. It felt like we were all reminiscing—them about their relationships, and me about how I never used to need anything. Now I did.

My choice may have been perfect, but it was far from smart.