190 - Rebecca

My body, as it often did when I fell asleep in Colby's arms, felt soothingly warm when I woke up. I didn't feel a year older at all, nor did I feel like we'd had a party the night before. The sun was already set and the sound of music blasted from downstairs, drifting through Colby's bedroom door like an annoying neighbour's disturbance. Whilst I normally would have been irritated, I found myself just getting lost in the comfort of everything that surrounded me: the heat, the boy, the sheets.

I didn't want to get up yet—if it was my choice, I'd stay here for much longer—but after a short conversation with Colby last night, I'd been told that Katrina, Angela and I needed to get out of the house for a while so the boys could complete a job. I didn't care enough to know what this job was, only that it was the only one they'd done for a while since Julian became such a huge problem.

Colby still slept beside me, his face buried in my still-straightened hair and his arms wrapped so tightly around my waist that I considered being unable to move away. It felt as though he didn't want me to go... If I kept thinking about that, I wouldn't.

With a sigh, I turned my head back to look at him as he slept. He looked boyish—maybe because he was technically eighteen—in sleep, as if nothing in the world could harm him. Whilst I did like this side of him, I also couldn't help but like the vampiric features that always took me off-guard. He showed them randomly sometimes when he was growling at one of the others for making a comment or moving towards me and it was like a little treat, though he didn't know about that.

His face now held a hint of chubbiness around his cheeks. It was too cute to keep the smile from crawling on my face.

Despite that, however, I eventually convinced myself to pry his arms from around me and get up. My body was mostly uncovered after last night but that didn't matter. I showered and changed into something casual—I wasn't in the mood to dress up—before I walked back out into Colby's bedroom.

It was my surprise to find him partially awake. He'd moved into the space I once occupied, his eyes fluttering as he tried to wake himself up some more. I sat down on the bed next to him only for pure blue to suddenly stare back at me. He smiled softly, the chubby cheeks still at full force. Maybe the smile on my own face clued him in because he started to roll away from me.

I reached over to stop him, laying back down beside him so he could wrap his arms around me. He felt warm from the heavy covers that lay over him, his chest radiating heat. He held onto me for a few moments of silence before he lifted his head and captured my lips with his own. It took me so off-guard that I just let it happen, my hand slithering under his ear.

The kiss was surprisingly passionate as he climbed up over me, trapping my body to the mattress. It felt like he was kissing me for a reason; as though something bad had happened and he was trying to make up for it.

Before I could voice my thoughts, however, he pulled back and rested his arms either side of my head, using the little space he had to brush back stray strands of hair from my face. I all but lost my breath staring back at him.

"Tara's going to come with you later," he muttered as he followed his own movements with his eyes. "She refused to stay here with us."

I sighed. "Of course she did."

"I don't mind it, it's just one more person to make sure you don't get yourself in trouble."

"I don't get myself in trouble," I defended, glancing down at Colby's chest. "Sometimes, trouble just finds me."

"Sometimes," he repeated and shook his head. He leaned down to kiss me again, this time not wasting a second in sliding his tongue in my mouth. I hadn't expected it but I didn't fight it, running my hands over any part of him they could find. He wore sweatpants—something he must have put on after I fell asleep—and I tugged him closer using the waistband. His body was flush against mine now, almost rocking to create friction between us.

You'd think we'd had enough of each other after last night but you'd be wrong.

As he peeled back from my lips to progress down to my neck, I felt my whole body arching into him. I was supposed to be leaving so they could do their job tonight, not distracting Colby for a couple of hours. Although, I was far from complaining about that.

He reached the neck of my shirt and glanced up at me, a mischievous flicker in his eyes. I didn't want to know what he had planned. His warm hands pulled my shirt up enough to expose my stomach, where he carefully kissed down in a straight line. He was still careful with me there because the worst of the bruises had yet to fade. They stopped hurting just a day after they turned purple, but he was insistent on being gentle with me.

When he reached the waistband of my jeans, he paused to look up at me again. I wanted him to continue so badly; to let me have him again before we left, but I saw the decision pass through his eyes just after his ears perked like a dog. Someone had reminded him that he had shit to do tonight... fuck whoever that was.

He kissed back up to my neck, pulling my shirt over my stomach before he found my lips again. This kiss was sweeter and lighter, a sign that he was trying not to get too into it. I was already long gone, though.

When he started to pull back, I whined and followed him. He smiled into this kiss, sitting up so that I did the same. I felt his hands on my hips before I was hiked up onto his lap, my hair falling around us. He didn't let this last for long. "You've gotta go," he muttered into the kiss, tightening his grip at my sides.

"I don't care," I replied.

Although he wanted to argue, he didn't, sliding one hand up into my hair and the other beneath my shirt. He just let them rest there, squeezing me to try to get me to stop this—he was having trouble and I had no intention of helping him out.

It was only when the door, which had been shut like it was supposed to be this whole time, swung open that I finally pulled back from him. Kevin was the culprit with Elton shortly following him inside. I groaned, hiding my face in Colby's neck as if it would get them to go away.

Kevin's voice had never been so annoying to me before. "Get off of him, you horny monster. We have a job to do."

"Fuck off," I grumbled without moving.

There was a moment of silence, in which I felt Colby's throat vibrate as if he was speaking too low for me to hear, then I was ripped from his lap by two incredibly large hands. I swung round and punched Kevin without missing a beat, pushing him as far away from me as I could.

"Hands off, asshole," I snapped, my arms crossing over my chest. Elton was snickering and Kevin had already gotten lost in a fit of giggles. When I turned back to Colby, I saw him smiling to himself as he stared down at his own hands. There was something so innocent about it that it caught me off guard.

However, he wasn't in my good books after Kevin spoke. "I was given permission, Becky. I could grab you right now and Colby wouldn't be mad at me."

My gaze turned on him before I turned back to my boyfriend and slapped the back of his head. He chuckled, pulling me back down onto his lap. "Just go, Becks. Tara's waiting downstairs for you."

"That's not going to get me down there any faster," I grumbled but started to stand up. Colby followed me, ensuring that he could kiss me one last time before I was on my way to the door. Kevin and Elton dramatically moved out of my way, raising their hands in the air.

I just about heard Colby telling them to leave his room when I reached halfway down the stairs and saw Tara, Angela and Katrina waiting for me at the door. Tara, the only one in the know, was smirking at me but she didn't say anything when I reached her. She took my hand forcefully muttering something like, "We really need to find a way to keep you two apart," as she pulled me from the house. I reluctantly followed to the ugly pink car waiting at the end of the drive.