145 - Rebecca

"I'm going to throw up on you," I snapped when Angela took a step back. For whatever reason, I'd allowed her to pick what I'd be wearing to go to the feeding house—a non-black outfit, which was my nightmare—and now I was wearing two light colours...

She'd forced me to wear a white top that was essentially a bralette, a high-waisted pair of light blue denim jeans, and a matching denim jacket. I wanted to vom all over Colby's bathroom the more I caught sight of the colours in the mirror. I hated them, but I did still rock the style. I looked good in anything, after all.

"Shut up, you look amazing," Angela replied, smoothening out my jacket

"Shut up, you look amazing," Angela replied, smoothening out my jacket. She kept trying to make me wear it over my shoulders, but I refused. It looked better hanging off—certainly more stylish. "I wonder what Colby'll think."

"I don't care," I grumbled as I pushed her away from me. "Can we just get on with this? I want to come back and change as soon as possible."

Angela smiled. "I have to give you some more instructions first. But we can go downstairs with everyone else."

"Then they have to see this ugly shit," I groaned and Angela giggled.

"Like they would pass up the opportunity to see you in anything but black to begin with! Come on, let's go."

Reluctantly, I followed Angela out of the bathroom and through Colby's room. My whole body was almost shaking with anger because I was wearing light colours. I wanted to wear black and to fall into the shadows like I always did. Apparently, no one else did that at the feeding house, so I would stick out too much. How ironic.

We walked into the kitchen, where everyone but Colby was stood. I got a million grins sent in my direction, but I didn't respond to a single one of them. I was pissed, and that was putting it lightly. Just before anyone could say anything, a blur zipped into the kitchen from the hallway leading to the red room.

I had my back to the island without realising it when Colby appeared in front of me. He held completely still for a moment, his eyes moving up and down my outfit. The slightest smirk came over his face as his brow raised.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "What?"

"You look nice," he teased. I scoffed and smacked the back of his head before turning around to look across the island at Angela. Colby was chuckling to himself when he pressed to my back, his hands on the island either side of me. I was trapped, but I didn't mind.

"You two are cute," Angela said with a smile and we both cringed at the same time. Most of those around us started to laugh at us, oblivious to my glare the moment I heard the sound. Angela smiled more now. "Proving my point."

"Just shut up and tell me what I have to do," I snapped.

"Well, since you don't actually want to get bitten, you're going to have to act like one of the bitches at the feeding house. You can't just walk around, otherwise, you'll get bitten pretty fast—they don't always ask first. For you, I'd say walk with your head held high and be confident... but keep your mouth shut."

"That's rich."

"Not now, Becca," Angela said through a sigh. "I'll let you know if you're ever doing something you shouldn't, so we should be okay on that front. I can distract whoever I need to downstairs, too, to get you upstairs. River's room is at the very end of the hallway. You're facing his door when you get to the floor."

"How often is he in there?" I asked.

"Unless he has a girl in there, never."

"So, if you were to distract him long enough so he doesn't get a girl, I could have plenty of time to get in and out," I said and Aryia growled softly. My eyes moved to him but he didn't voice his thoughts. I noticed Angela patting his hand comfortingly.

"That might work," she agreed with me. "The only other thing I can think that might go wrong is getting there and back. Most get bitten and leave in arms, but as we're not planning on that, we're going to need a car."

I didn't even have to look back as I reached behind me into Colby's back pocket and pulled out his keys. "Got one." Angela giggled softly, looking at Colby's face. I didn't dare to look.

"If it makes you feel any better about this, Colby, you can drive us up to the street. Anything passed that is too far—someone is likely to see you."

Colby stole his keys back from me and nodded. I rolled my eyes, taking his hand, which was now free. He slid his fingers easily between mine and lightly squeezed. I squeezed back without looking at him.

"It sounds like we have a plan," Tara announced cheerfully as she looked between everyone in the group, waiting for someone to bring something up we'd missed. No one did, so she zipped over to me. I didn't take my hand away from Colby's as she gave me a hug muttering, "be careful," in my ear. When she let me go, I quickly tucked myself into Colby's side to avoid any other sneak attacks.

Katrina was staring at me like she wanted to hug me, but she saw I didn't want it so she was staying back. Angela gave Aryia a hug, which I couldn't even look at, then she started to walk toward the front door. I naturally followed her, Colby coming with me.

"Be safe my child!" Kevin yelled after us. I shook my head without turning back around.

Colby opened the car door for me—not for Angela—before he sat down in the driver's seat. He rested his hand on my thigh, his thumb gently rubbing circles as he started the engine up. I wasn't particularly happy about this at all anymore.

Last night, it had seemed like such a good idea. Now, not so much.