152 - Rebecca

When Elton, Xepher, Griffin, and Corey got back, we filled them—and Katrina—in on what happened. In Tara's words, I was a complete badass who kicked Mike's ass when he tried to come at me, which he explained by saying he wanted to spar me while Colby was distracted, so he couldn't stop him. I wasn't opposed to the idea, though I'd already won before it started.

With much thought, I relented to Angela, who came back with Aryia apologising. "I just can't tell you and definitely not them without Dad's permission," she explained. "It isn't my secret to keep." I was mad at her, so I didn't accept her apology.

But I did relent. For some stupid, stupid reason, I went up to Colby's bedroom to call Dad and tell him to come to this house. We agreed that if we were going to be telling Dad everything, including that both of us now had vampire boyfriends, we might as well have him meet everyone. And Mom, because she just about deserved to know, too.

I wondered if she was out of Julian's bed yet; if she was conscious enough.

The phone seemed to ring forever. I was acutely aware that everyone downstairs could hear me, so I had to be careful with what I said. Dad and I got along more than he and Angela did, but I had a feeling that was about to drastically change.

When the phone connected, I felt my heart start to pound. "Becca," Dad said fondly, "nice of you to call for the first time in... a year?" I cringed. My anxiety was through the roof all of a sudden.

"I don't know how long it's been," I admitted as I started to pace back and forth out of stress. "I... have something really important you need to know, and I need you to come somewhere to find out."

Dad hesitated. "That doesn't sound good, Becca."

"It's... You know what, you just have to trust me. I'll send you an address. Is Mom home?"

"Yes," Dad replied stiffly. He didn't know where she'd been, but I was willing to bet that he had a damn good idea. "Should I bring her, too?"

"Yes."

"Alright. I'll trust you, even though I haven't seen you for a year. Have you happened to speak to Angela?"

I bit my lip. "Um, yeah. We're sorta... working things out right now. She'll be here, too."

"Oh... That's good. Okay, I'll be right there. With your mother. See you soon, Becca."

"Um, bye." I quickly hung up, my heart pounding out of my chest. If he'd been able to hear it, he might have just guessed the secret I had in store for him. This was the most stressed out I'd ever been, and it was all because my father was meeting my vampire boyfriend. It occurred to me that he definitely both knew about vampires and hated them, and possibly had killed one before, considering he had stakes.

Still stressed out, I headed back downstairs. I knew I needed Colby if I wanted to calm down, though he was the main reason for my stress. What if Dad tried to kill him? Would he fight back? Would he get hurt—that went for either of them?

Since we didn't particularly want my parents to see the red room, everyone had moved to the living room instead. Colby'd managed to snag a whole, what was essentially, love seat to himself as he laid across it, his legs still somehow over the arm on one side. He was just that tall, I supposed.

If I wanted to be sane when my parents arrived, I had to gather my thoughts now, so I didn't give Colby a choice as I laid down with him. He was lying close to the edge on his back. staring up at the ceiling as he likely eavesdropped on the conversations around him. I managed to jump onto the small couch space left between him and the back of the couch in one swift motion, leaving me pressed between the two, his arm beneath my head. He smiled at me and took my hand, squeezing slightly. Maybe this was what he wanted.

"Getting comfy over there, lovebirds?" Corey asked teasingly, throwing something at us. I caught it and threw it back without even saying anything. I didn't need his comments right now.

After a little while, I let go of Colby's hand and turned more to him, shifting my head onto his chest along with one of my hands. It was ten times more intimate—and definitely cuddling—but I honestly didn't care. I was just comfortable and that was what mattered. Colby responded, his arms slipping around my waist instead. I was almost on top of him.

More tense time passed, the only relief the feeling of the boy beneath me. The others were talking, but I wasn't hearing the words they were saying. I was genuinely worried about what was about to happen, because I didn't want this. I wanted to defeat Julian and move on to the next step in my life plan, which was a very important one that I had yet to bring up.

Colby started to brush his fingers through my hair—I was pretty sure he only started when he got stressed out himself. The time was getting closer and closer to meeting my parents, and no matter how different this situation was to any parent-boyfriend meeting anyone had ever had before, it was still just that.

After more agonising minutes had passed by, the vampires' heads one by one turned to the window before Colby tensed. Headlights appeared just a second later.

They were here.

My parents were here.