186 - Rebecca

After our hug, we'd ended up going upstairs to Colby's room. He was tired and I wasn't in much better shape. He fell asleep with his head on my lap as I sat there brushing my fingers slowly through his hair. It was weird to me to be like this with Colby—to be completely open and cuddly. He wanted me to help him fall asleep so he put his head on my lap while I was waiting for him to come to bed. It was different and I was loving it.

The next couple of days just crept up on us. We adjusted to sleeping in the same bed again—less adjusted and more reminded ourselves and each other that we weren't going anywhere—and I made up with Jake and Tara. Sam was still in shit in my book as I wasn't going to forgive him any time soon for holding me back. I didn't know what would get me to forgive him yet.

Every day so far, Colby and I had waited for the other to wake up before we got out of bed but today, I was feeling a little different. I wanted to get up and spend some time with everyone before he was there. I loved him and wanted him around as much as possible, but there were times where I wanted to talk to someone alone. That was why I didn't live with him... technically.

Reluctantly, I slid out of bed with him and reached down to pull on a pair of leggings so I wouldn't be flashing anyone—I was only wearing one of his shirts. I glanced back at him still lying in bed to see his arms left outstretched to where I'd been and his face dug into my pillow. It made me smile when he stirred but didn't wake up.

I placed a kiss on his cheek before leaving his room, jogging down the stairs. I was acutely aware that I wasn't wearing my boots so I was suddenly incredibly short, but I doubted there'd be many people who'd care about that up right now. Passing the kitchen, I found I was right as I saw Angela, Katrina and Devyn chatting sitting on various counters.

"Hey, Becca," Angela greeted with a smile.

"Angela," I replied quietly.

Katrina picked a plate up from beside her with a bunch of muffins on top and held them out for me. "Want one? Devyn went to get us some last night."

I hesitated but found myself reaching out to take one anyway. I muttered a, "Thank you," to both Katrina and Devyn then climbed onto the island countertop opposite Angela, who was suddenly eating a muffin as well. I was surprised she wasn't sitting there being bratty expecting vegan food or something, although I had no idea if that's what she was like or not, I just assumed because she was always snobby.

It occurred to me that I didn't even know my sister. Did I care about that now? Did I care about knowing the stupid things like whether she liked eating all foods or had fallen into the trap of being vegetarian or vegan? No, I didn't care... I was just curious. A little curious.

Sticking with the thing I knew for sure, I allowed myself to indulge in my curiosity. "Weren't you on a diet before?" I asked Angela, my voice stern and uninterested.

She raised a brow at me. "What, two years ago?" She giggled. "I was on a diet then because it distracted me from everything with Julian—well, River at the time. It worked for a while." She shrugged, placing the last half of her muffin beside her. "I stopped because I was getting too skinny."

"And then you went back to Julian?" Katrina questioned and she nodded. A stab of guilt ripped through my stomach but I tried to keep it off my face. I supposed I had been a little harsh on her but I had reason. She'd tried to trick me into getting addicted to something knowing full well I could get addicted to it.

Devyn distracted me. "I can't honestly believe that happened to you. Do you know why he... chose you?"

"You mean aside from me being the daughter of a woman he already had in his grasp?" Angela replied, a forced smile on her face. Devyn nodded. "I was all for it. He told me about this secret side of the world and I got enthralled and let him do whatever the fuck he wanted to me. This was after Dad had accidentally let him bite me the first time."