188 - Rebecca

Buffing my hair back out, I casually walked to my desk to grab my work backpack. We might have gotten distracted for quite a while and I was ready to go back to the house—partly to use the fucking dagger(!) he'd bought me. It hung nicely from one of the hoops on my skirt, hidden by the pleats.

Colby was still sitting on the couch buttoning his shirt back up as he stared at the ceiling. I could tell he was concerned that they'd heard something—I'd failed to be quiet on a few occasions, after all, but he looked back at me without any sign of his worries.

I pulled my backpack over my shoulder and walked over to him for a quick kiss. He stood up, looking me up and down. "You might want to wait a second," he said and I frowned. A small smirk came over his face. "I've made you a bit flushed."

"Of course you have," I grumbled, smoothing down my skirt. To my surprise, he reached around me and lifted my skirt with one hand, slapping my ass with the other. He pulled me against him in the same motion, squeezing before he raised his hand to my hips instead. "Was that necessary?" I asked in amusement.

He grinned. "Nothing else is more important."

"One day, I'm gonna get you back for all of these slaps," I promised as I trailed a finger down his chest. He caught it before I got too close to his pants, lifting my hand to his mouth.

"Don't tease me or I'll bend you back over your desk." Butterflies spread through my stomach like wildfire. I could tell my face had changed because Colby smirked again, winking at me.

"We should go," I whispered, though I really didn't want to. I could have stayed here all night with him. He agreed so we headed out of my office with our fingers laced together. He walked casually next to me as if he hadn't made me practically scream his name about half an hour ago—possibly loud enough for those upstairs to hear.

Luckily, the music was still loudly playing when we walked through the door at the top of the spiral stairs. I gave Maggie another smile and a wave and everyone else a nod on the way through. There didn't seem to be any weird looks sent our way so I took that as a good sign.

Colby stole my keys from me so he could drive back to the house. His hand was on my thigh the whole way though he only focused on the road.

Before we got too close to the house, however, Colby pulled over onto the side of the road and turned to me. "Everyone's training," he said, "and by now, Jake and Tara should be back and joining them." I slowly nodded. "So, the question is, who do I go in and attack?"

The question caught me off guard making me laugh. "Jake, duh! He always challenges you."

Colby shook his head. "He's for you to attack. I need someone else."

"We're both going to attack someone?" I asked in surprise.

"You can do it later when no one expects it—like what Mike did to you that one time. You can show off your new dagger as well."

I grinned. "Does anyone know you got it for me?"

"They'll figure it out." He shrugged. "Now, say a name and that's the person I attack."

I took a moment to think about my choice. Colby was stronger and faster than everyone there but the most amusing person to fight was Corey because he liked to randomly do dance moves before he fought you—I'd experienced it once and he'd almost made me smile in front of everyone. A part of me wanted to see that fight.

"Corey," I decided.

Colby nodded and started up my car's engine again. I automatically touched the dagger at my side as we continued to the house. I couldn't wait to use it for the first time even if I wasn't going to be stabbing anyone. I knew I'd be able to throw it at least once.

We walked through the house at a human pace but as soon as we got to the back doors, Colby left my side to zip to the group. They were currently in between fights when he appeared beside Corey and threw him into the middle of the spectator circle. I allowed myself to smile as I walked out to join the circle next to Tara, who was indeed back.

"This better not become a regular thing, Colby," Mike said as Corey sprung back up to his feet. "I set up specific fights for a reason."

"Shut up, Mike, I'm just having a bit of fun," Colby replied before he and Corey ran at each other. They collided and I thought Corey had won, but it turned out Colby just used the momentum to throw him over his head. Corey landed flat on his back just in front of Kevin, who was grinning down at him.

Corey got back up to continue their spar until he ultimately admitted defeat. It was close to an even fight toward the end, though. Both boys exchanged a respectful nod before Colby zipped next to me, pulling my back to his chest.

Mike's eyes narrowed. "You're back to full strength," he said slowly, glancing down at me. I raised an eyebrow at him making a couple of chuckles sound out around the group.

"Damn, we leave you alone for one hour!" Tara exclaimed next to me. If only she knew it'd happened less than ten minutes after she'd left...

"Wait, does that mean Rebecca can use her abilities again?" Jake asked excitedly and I smirked at him. "Oh hell yes. Come on, bitch, rematch."

I let myself laugh as Jake took a defensive stance in front of me. Colby let go of me and I took a few steps forward, meeting Jake's challenge. He was throwing punches into the air bouncing from one foot to the other like a "professional" fighter.

He tried to sneak a real punch by me but I caught him on it, blocking him before I got a punch to his gut. I took his distraction to grab his neck with one hand and kick the back of one of his legs. I got him onto the floor where he let out a groan, reaching out for my ankles. To avoid getting tripped, I dropped down with him and pulled the dagger from its case, bringing it up to his neck. He tried to look down at it but couldn't. I waited for a count of five before I pulled it back.

"We didn't agree on that!" He exclaimed at me.

"We didn't agree on any rules," I corrected, tossing the dagger in my hand with a smirk on my face. "But I beat you, unsurprisingly."

"Shut up, bitch."

I stood up only to realise most of the group were looking at either my dagger, me, or Colby. I decided to toss it a few more times for them to get a good look before sliding it back into its case. As I was helping Jake up to his feet, someone scoffed behind me.

"You know, I had this really good idea the other day," Elton said. "I thought, why not give the crazy girl a dagger?"

Without missing a beat, I spun and threw the dagger so that it pinned Elton's shirt to the wooden post he leant against. He looked like he wanted to scream when the blade was flying toward him but he kept it quiet. I raised a challenging eyebrow at him. "What was that?" I asked.

Jake snorted behind me and Colby chuckled. Elton didn't reply to me, throwing the dagger across the space so I could catch it.

I looked over at Colby. "It's throwable."

"Didn't realise," he replied, smiling at me. I rolled my eyes but returned it, putting the dagger safely back into its case at my side.

Jake wasn't the only one to fight me, though he was the only one to lose so quickly. I even lost once, but that was because Xepher had ten sharp blade-like weapons on her hands as "nails" and it was too difficult to avoid them whilst also coming up with a strategy to attack her. I ended up with a couple of cuts but nothing too bad—Colby helped me get the blood if there was any anyway.

It felt like everything was back to normal for a while... it was refreshing, somehow.