187 - Rebecca

"Beck! Are you ready?" Tara yelled as she clumped loudly up the stairs toward Colby's room where I was currently pulling a skirt over my hips. I glanced at my boyfriend to see him sitting comfortably on his couch with his phone up to his face, oblivious to me entirely.

Ignoring Tara, I zipped my skirt up at the back and walked over to him, removing the phone from his hand so I could sit on his lap. His hands instantly touched my waist, holding me closer to him.

"You definitely can't replace her?" I asked hopefully as I nodded toward the door. He smiled and shook his head, dragging my body against his. "Why?"

"I told you, I'll tell you later."

I pouted. "I wanna know."

"Later," he promised before pulling my head down. He kissed me harder than I expected, his fingers squeezing at my side and tugging my hair. Although I was aware Tara was outside waiting, I couldn't help but find myself melting into the kiss as I slid my hands down his chest. It was like all common sense just ran away.

We both wanted each other more than ever before because we hadn't slept together since before we broke up. I didn't know why, it just hadn't happened. That led to moments like this where I suddenly didn't want to do anything but let this progress further and forget about my errands for the day.

It was only when Tara opened the door that I pulled back and groaned. "Don't groan at me! We're supposed to be going, come on!" She exclaimed halfway into the room. I rolled my eyes and turned my head back to Colby, placing a peck on his lips before I got up.

"Fuck off, Tara," I grumbled as I walked over to my work backpack. She didn't, waiting just next to the door now. I looked at Colby, who was holding his phone again but still watching me. "I love you," I said, giving him a small smile.

He mirrored it. "I love you, too."

"And I love when we get a move on!" Tara exclaimed, grabbing my arm to drag me from the room. I sighed but went along with it, walking down the stairs ahead of her while she shut the door. By the time she caught up to me, we were downstairs. "Ready?" She asked with a smirk. I nodded so we headed out to my car, which I ensured I'd be driving. If Colby wasn't taking me somewhere at the speed of lightning, I wanted to drive.

Tara was mostly silent the whole way there, which I wasn't expecting at all but didn't argue with. I got to just enjoy her company as I drove quickly through LA toward the studio. Despite everything, there was no way I wasn't going to continue going to the studio, so I had Colby—or Tara right now—with me to make sure nothing happened on the way. Mike and Kevin were on speed-dial, too.

The studio was bustling when we arrived. Everybody was there: Bruce, Tyla, Maggie, Helen and Lewis. They were listening to music, as always, and working at their separate desks. When we walked in, they weren't talking, though. I noticed Lewis had a pair of headphones on over his beanie as he threaded a needle to begin sewing some fabric on his desk.

I naturally gravitated toward Maggie first while Tara headed over to Helen to talk to her. Maggie was busy colouring a couple of refined sketches she'd made so I sat down with her and went through them. We started to compare them to works that others had made, getting completely lost in the designs.

"I like this," I pointed out, following a curvy line in a top, "and you have a very distinct pattern I've noticed before. You should incorporate it here."

She reached into a drawer to pull out one of her older sketches, handing it over to me. "You mean this?"

"Definitely."

After a few seconds of staring, she slowly nodded her head and a smile crept onto her lips. "Okay, sure. I think I can do that."

"I'll leave you to it," I replied as I stood up.