4

Rajveer had changed in to a pair of pajamas. He tried to sleep but sleep wouldn't come. This was the last night where he would sleep alone in his bedroom. From tomorrow, there would be someone with him here. He would be responsible for her safety, her comfort, and her well being. He was scared that he might not be able to be a good husband as he had a very demanding job. 'What is I disappoint her? What if she thinks I work too much?' he wondered to himself.

A knock on his door snatched him out of his thoughts. Frowning slightly, he opened his door and was surprised to see his brother. "Tu yaha? Soya nehi abhi tak?" Rajveer asked letting him come inside.

"I had a feeling that you would need some extra help tonight. Papa ne terrace par bulaya hai," Rakshit informed with a cheeky smile. 

Rajveer gave him a suspicious look. "Mom ko pata hai hi dad ne terrace pe boys' night plan kiya hai?" he asked donning on a t-shirt.

"Boys night ke bareme mom janke kya karegi?" Rakshit answered as the brothers headed upstairs. Rajveer smirked at his younger brother. 

He was not surprised finding Naveen and Reyansh at the terrace with bottles of whiskey, vodka, and rum. Rajveer gave his father a patronising look and stated, "Kal subah mom hum sabki class lengi,"

"Kal ka kal sochenge!" Reyansh waved away his concern.

"Mom kyu datengi? She doesn't mind if we drink," Rakshit asked, a little confused.

"Mom won't scold because we drank. She'll scold us because we drank the night before the wedding... especially when there's supposed to be two ceremonies in one day," Naveen pointed out with a smirk. Rajveer nodded but joined his father and brothers anyway.

"Yikes," Rakshit winced, imagining the scolding.  

Reyansh handed out drinks to his sons and said, "I'd like to make a toast! In honor of my oldest getting married! Hope you have a happy and loving marriage!"

"Thanks, dad," Rajveer smiled, bumping his glass with his father and brothers.

So all four of them started drinking. After a few drinks Naveen suddenly asked Rajveer, "Yaar Veeru, tujhe pata to hai na ki pehli raat ko karte kya hai?" Rajveer choked on his drink and gaped at his best friend. 

"Haa, Veer! Tujhe pata hai na? I mean maine tujhe 'the talk' to diya tha... in fact, tere 16th birthday me maine tujhe wo porn ka DVD bhi to diya tha," Reyansh looked at his son, concerned.

"DAD!!!" both Rajveer and Rakshit protested in shock.

"Nehi... I mean agar memory refresh karna chahta hai to main aur Naveen madat kar denge na," Reyansh offered, not even a little bothered by his sons' shocks.

"First of all You're married to my mom, so I don't want ANY refreshing from you and second of all, Naveen is married to my sister and I really, really don't want to get my memory refreshed by him either," Rajveer told his father sternly.

"Me neither. What the hell, guys!!??!!" Rakshit added, traumatized.

Reyansh and Naveen burst into laughter at Rajveer and Rakshit's horrified looks. They were just teasing them. They continued drinking and chatting until it was 2 am before retiring to their rooms.

/

/

/

After the shagun ceremony was done, the Ahluwalia family sat around the living room, panicking. A wedding was a big deal and when such a big promotion was on the line, it was a bigger deal. There was no time to shop or do other preparations. Naina was sent to her room while Virendra, Kamini, Ritu sat in the living room and discussing the matter.