20

Authore Note::::

Sorry for the delay everyone. Thanks for your patience.

/

/

It took Rajveer a long month to successfully deal with the possible terrorist's attack in Mumbai. Because of the success of this mission, he was given two weeks off. Naina and Rakshit had finished their final semester's final exams a few days ago. Rajnandini wanted Rajveer and Naina with them for a few days as they had been too busy too come over for their weekend dinners and sleepovers. But Rajveer had something else planned. He wanted to take Naina somewhere special. When he shared his plans with his parents, they agreed happily.

That night at Raina,

"Par hum ghar kyu nehi jaa sakte? Pata hai main gharwalo se two weeks se nehi mili. I miss them so much," Naina complained. Rajveer had just told her that they wouldn't be going to Shikhawat Mansion that week.

"Because we're going out of country," Rajveer replied with a grin.

"Really?" Naina was excited. She always wanted to visit in different countries, but after her parent's death, that possibility became nill.

"Yes. Pichli bar hum Brazil gaye the aur Island bhi. What do think about going somewhere cold this time?" Rajveer asked, happy that she looked so excited for their trip.

"I would love it, Rajveer. Main na humesha hi snow dekhna chahti thi," Naina shared bouncing on her chair.

Laughing, Rajveer told her, "Then it's a good thing ke hum Alaska jaa rahe hai. Main tumhe Northern lights dikhana chahta hu. This is the perfect time of the year for that. Aaj raat hi humara flight hai. To hume aaj hi cold weather ki liye shopping aur packing karna hoga for our trip,"

"Koi baat nehi. Ho jayega," Naina beamed at him. "Par... Ollie?" her smiled dimmed.

"Don't worry. Lata masi is going to stay here while we're away. She promised to take care of him and we can video call with her for Ollie to see us," Rajveer assured.

Pacified by the solution, Naina finished her breakfast hurriedly. After all, they had tons of shopping and packing to do. Rajveer wanted to take her to a mall but Naina forcefully took him to the Sarojini Nagar Market. They bought t-shirts, stylish knitted sweaters, high neck & polo sweaters, thick jackets, multiple pairs of mid-calf boots & knee high boots, thick & stylish trench coats, and tons of other stuff. Rajveer was pleasantly surprised at how cheap they got these good quality stuff for. Finally after having lunch out, they returned home. After showering and changing, they started their packing. Rajveer had already arranged their visa for them and Rajnandini had again offered their private plane for the trip.

/

/

Their journey to Anchorage, Alaska was comfortable. They changed into their winter clothes before getting out of the  plane. They checked in a hotel nearby for a day to rest before heading for their destination where they would be staying for the duration of their vacation. Rajveer had booked a cabin at the Winterlake lodge for them where they would be heading by float plane. As planned, they rested the next day and went out to dinner. They visited the downtown area, before returning to their hotel room.

Next morning, they start for Winterlake lodge in Rust's float plane. It was an only 50-minute flight. The pilot of the plane told Raina about the lodge. Winterlake Lodge was located 198 air miles North and West of Anchorage, along the historic Iditarod trail. It was located next to Denali National Park and in the midst of the wildest landscape imaginable. Views of the Tremble and Hayes glacier, the Tordrillo Mountain Range and Denali were accessible right from the lodge. The pilot also told them the owners of the lodge, Carl and Kirsten Dixon, were really welcoming and they had exceptional stuff.