25

Previously:::

Rajveer cleared his throat and asked, "Radhika? Kya baat hai?"

"Ha, Radhika... report me kuch garbar hai kya?" Naina asked worriedly.

"Bhai, Naina... the blood reports shows that Naina is pregnant," Radhika announced with a wide smile.

"WHAT?!?!" Raina exclaimed in shock.

/

/

/

"Yes, guys. You're expecting," Radhika announced excitedly. She was going to be bua after all.

"Congrats, Major & Mrs. Shikhawat," the orthopedic doctor said with a smile. "Um... do have any idea how far along you might be?" he asked Naina.

"I... I had no idea," Naina replied sheepishly.

"An ultrasound is now required. That will tell us how far along you are," Radhika informed cheerfully.

"Keep me informed as well so that I can prescribe meds without worry," The other doctor requested before excusing himself.

"Radhika, can you... please NOT tell anyone about this news yet? Let us get confirmed first and maybe give us a few days to digest? We want to announce this news to the family later..." Rajveer requested.

"Whatever my patient wants... is this what you want, Naina?" Radhika asked.

"I don't mind sharing this news with the family but I agree with Rajveer. Give us some time to digest this news first," Naina stated taking Rajveer's hand.

"Of course, sweetie. Main jake ultrasound mechine ko yaha lane ki preparations kar leti hu. Naina, tab tak tum bohot sara paani pilo. You'll need a full bladder for the test," Radhika told her before leaving.

Rajveer hugged Naina to his chest with his eyes closed. Naina sighed against his chest. It had been a roller-coaster type day. "What a day!" she muttered looking up at him.

"Yeah. A heady cocktail of panic, anger, hatred, longing, fear of losing, relief, worry, love, and giddiness." Rajveer pointed out each of his emotions he felt throughout this one day. 

Naina giggled. "I agree... a heady cocktail indeed," 

They stayed silent for a few minutes as Naina sipped on water. "So.... a baby, huh?" Rajveer asked with a teasing smile as he peeked at Naina.

Naina blushed, hiding her face with the water bottle. "Don't act like you weren't an equal participant," she pointed out when he continued smirking.

"How much do you wanna bet that Mom will  demand for us to move in with the family?" Rajveer asked after a few minutes.

"Wo to mom waise bhi karne wali hai after my kidnapping," Naina replied, snickering.

"True... Damn! I really wanted to stay away from the family," Rajveer grumbled, "But I don't want you to stay alone while I'm away on missions like this ever again. Specially now that we're expecting," he added with a sigh.

Naina gave him a loving smile. "I think... we should stay with our family for a few days. They need reassurance that their kids are alright and I need reassurance that I have such a huge loving family. After that we can move back to our home... and continue the way we did... Long weekends with the family." she suggested.

"Good plan... but what about when you're further along in your gestation?"

"We can move with the family for six months. When we're sure that we can take care of the baby ourselves, we can move back home again,"