17

"Mom, did you see this?" Ritu asked looking at something on her laptop with a scowl.

"Kya dekhne ki baat kar rahi hai, princess?" Kamini asked.

"That worthless bitch is on Page 3. Bas yehi nehi, media is going crazy on how 'beautiful' she looked on their reception party," Ritu made air quotes. "And why weren't we invited in that party?"

"Achchha? Dikha," Kamini turned the laptop and gasped, "Itni mehengi jewelry aur kapre isko kaise pehen ne ko mili?" she grumbled, jealous that Naina was wearing such expensive jewelry and outfit.

"Mom, I think the Shikhawats are richer than we thought," Ritu told her mom dreadfully, "It should've been me marrying in a rich family," she scowled.

A cunning look came over Kamini's face. "Unka ek chhota beta bhi hai na jo tujhe bohot pasand aya tha?" she reminded Ritu.

"OMG, mom! Great idea!" Ritu squealed excitedly. She was determined to marry a rich guy and she liked Rakshit a lot as he was sexy as hell.

"We have to make a plan to trap him," Kamini told her.

"I'm ready," Ritu told her.

/

/

"My baby.... how can I live without her?!  My baby! I'll miss you soooo much..... please come back soon!" Rajnandini was wailing holding onto her child... her youngest child.

Said child was trying to calm her down while hugging her and patting her back. "Mom, I promise hum har weekend ghar ayenge,"

"Sach?" Rajnandini asked, tearfully.

"Of course, mom. How will I stay away from you guys? I'll miss you so much," 

"My good bachcha," Rajnandini complimented affectionately.

Rajveer entered the mansion and rolled his eyes. "Seriously?! Ye scene abhi bhi chalu hai? Yaar mom, aap to aise behave kar rahi ho jaise main apki beti ko kidnap karke leke jaa raha hu," he accused.

"Shut up, you insensitive man! Let me have this moment," Rajnandini argued.

"We did let you have this moment, honey.... two hours ago. Ab to rona band karo. Bechari Naina bhi rone lag gayi dekho... Aur tumhe kya lagta hai just because they're moving out, we won't meet them? We will see them every weekend. That's two nights and two days out of seven days and seven nights," Reyansh pointed out.

"Okay, fine," Rajnandini sulked.

"Come on, Mom! Dekho, Naina ka chehra kaise utar gaya. They're going to their own home. They should be happy and excited. Not sad and depressed like that," Radhika pointed out.

"You're right. Sorry, beta. I'll just miss you a lot," Rajnandini told Naina.

"I'll miss you too, mom," Naina told her before they hugged again.

"Feeling the love, mom," Rajveer teased from the doorway.

"Oh shush!" Rajnandini scolded before pulling back. "I'll miss your rotten face too," she added, before grabbing Rajveer for a hug.

"My face isn't rotten," Rajveer grumbled, holding onto his mother tightly. "I love you, mom," he told her.

"I love you too," Rajnandini replied before pulling back. The mother-son pulled back and turned to find Reyansh now hugging Naina and crying how much e would miss his daughter.

/

/

It was after lunch Raina was able to get out of the Shikhawat mansion. Lata masi and their maid, Asha welcomed them home. Rajveer and Naina spent hours getting settled in. Rakshit and rest of Naina's friends would be coming the next day so that they could all help arrange the house like Naina wanted and to paint the feature walls.