6

Naina was lost in thought in the car. Rajveer observed her silently as a tear rolled down her cheek. "I heard what they did to you. So, I'm a little confused... Why are you crying for them?" he asked finally unable to stop himself.

Naina turned to himself, startled as if she had forgotten that he was there with her as well. "Oh.. I wasn't..." she shook her head wiping away her tears, "main unke liye nehi ro rahi thi... I'm missing my parents. They had so many dreams about my wedding... but when I was getting married they weren't present to witness it. They didn't even get to give me away," she told him sadly. "Aur to aur jo gehne mamma ne mere shaadi ke liye rakkhe the, chachi ne wo bohot pehle hi harap li. I'm going to your home with nothing of my own," she added the last part with a scowl.

Rajveer offered her his handkerchief with a sympathetic look. "Don't be silly, Naina. You're not coming to our home empty handed. You're bringing a new member of our family. You're bring another missing part of our family," he told her with a smile.

Naina didn't look pacified. "But.... " she tried to protest but he placed his finger on her lips.

"No. No more guilt... no more regret. Naina, hum hamari life ki ek new chapter kholne ja rahe hai. Aur iss chapter me I want no angst," he winked playfully. "Promise me... that you'll try your best to move forward from this very moment. and I promise I'll never let you down," he added sweetly.

"I promise," Naina whispered, shyly. 

"Good girl. Ab rona band karo warna mere gharwale ye sochenge ki maine tumhe chhera... aur phir mujhe bohot daantenge," he pouted.

Naina giggled as she wiped away her tears. She felt a strange relief as her new husband tried to make her smile. His charming, boyish smile cheered her easily.

/

/

Rajnandini and rest of Shikhawat family were waiting at the doorway of Shikhawat mansion to welcome their new daughter-in-law. As Raina's car stopped in front mansion, Ragini and Rakshit hurried outside to help Naina out of the car. Rajveer watched silently as his younger siblings helped his new bride out of the car and without even a glance at him, they headed towards the entrance. His mother even started doing the aarti when he called out, leaning against the car.

"Mujhe laga aaj meri bhi shaadi huyi hai. I guess I was mistaken," he stated loudly.

Startled, everyone peeked over Naina's shoulder. "Oye tu waha kyu khara huya hai? Naina ki pass aa. Tere mom ko grehe prabesh ki rasam bhi puri karni hai," Reyansh scolded Rajveer for making them wait.

"Wo kya hai na, dad. Kisi ne mujhe kaha hi nehi ki mujhe kaha jana hai. Pehli bar shaadi kar raha hu na. Isiliye," Rajveer replied sarcastically.

"Get used to it, son. Jab mera shaadi huya tha to mera bhi aisa hi haal tha. Everyone forgot me," Reyansh made a crying face. 

Rajnandini hit Reyansh in the chest playfully, making him laugh as Rajveer joined Naina by the entrance. "So from now on Mom will be dotting on Naina while she ignores me? Just like grandma does whenever she comes to visit?" Rajveer asked his father cheekily.

"Exactly," Reyansh winked at his son, making everyone laugh.

"Hogaya aap dono ka? Ab karlu main apni bahu ka swagat?" Rajnandini asked sarcastically. Reyansh grinned at his wife as she started doing aarti of Raina. Once the aarti was done, Radhika placed a rice filled kalash in front of Naina and moved back. "Naina beta, tumhe apni daye pao se iss kalash ko girana hai," Rajnandini told Naina with a warm, affectionate smile.

Shaking her head obediently, Naina kicked the kalash softly and stepped inside. Then Ragini placed a thali filled with aalta water and beamed at Naina.