2

The next day, Rakshit was puzzled. Naina never missed a day at the college. Then, she was missing the next day as well. Rakshit had started getting worried. Then, for the third day.... she was missing. That's when Rakshit and their other friends, Aalekh and Pooja got prepared to go to Naina's house to check on her. The plan was that Aalekh and Pooja would knock on the front door and keep whoever opened the door distracted while Rakshit would sneak in through the back window.

So as planned Pooja and Aalekh rang the bell after Rakshit went behind the house. He started peeking through the back windows. Finally in a broom closet type room, he found a girl sleeping on the floor. He thanked god that the window of that room was open. After a glace around, he sneaked into the small room. Making sure not to make any noise, he peeked and realized he was in the right room. It was Naina. Curious why she was still sleep, he turned her a little and his knees gave out. She had a black eye, torn lips, and a badly bruising cheek. 

 Naina was bruised like this)

Rakshit knew her family was abusing, but he had always thought it was just verbal abuse. But the proof in front of him showed differently. He placed his hand on her forehead and realized that she had really bad fever. 

Pulling out his phone, he sent a text to Aalekh and told him to stall Naina's chacha-chachi more. Then he went to the kitchen and cooked some instant noodles. He also raided the medicine box and got some meds for Naina before heading towards Naina's room.

"Oye Naina? Uth!" he shook her firmly but lightly.

Naina moaned in pain and opened her eyes. She had to blink a few times to realize that she wasn't dreaming. Her best friend was really here. She sat up instantly. "Ra-Rakshit? Tu yaha kya kar raha hai?" she asked.

"Itne sawalo ki jawab dene ka time nehi hai. Ye le aur kha jaldi," he answered shoving the bowl of instant noodles in her hands.

Tears gathered in her eyes. Her family didn't care but her friends did. "Thank you," she whispered taking the bowl.

"Jaldi kar. Aalekh aur Pooja tere chachca aur chachi ko busy kar rakkha hai par pata nehi kitne der tak kar sakenge," Rakshit informed as she started eating. When she finished, he handed her pain medicine and hid rest of the medicine packet behind one of the boxes and told her to take them.  "Main kal phir ayunga," he told her before sneaking out the same way he came in.

Rakshit was thoroughly upset at what he had witnessed. Aalekh, Pooja, and he went back to Shikhawat house where he filled them in on what he had seen. "I wish I could move her from those wretched people.... kya koi tarika nehi hai?" Rakshit grumbled.

"Ek tarika hai... par that would depend involving another party aur wo party achchha hoga ya nehi...." Pooja trailed off, shrugging.

"Tarika kya hai?" Aalekh inquired curiously.