18

Naina sat on the chair oposite of where the kitten was snoozing curled up. Rajveer gave her a questioning look. "Tum waha kyu baithi? Tumne to kaha tha ki tumhe cats se koi dikkat nehi hai," Rajveer asked, worriedly.

"Rajveer, a human never picks out their cats. A cat picks out their human. This little guy picked you to be his human. Now it's my turn. Main agar usse approach karungi to wo darr jayega. Cats are curious in nature. Jab wo dekhega ki main usse ignore kar rahi hu to wo khud mere pass ayega apna curiosity ko satisfy karne," Naina explained.

Rajveer sat beside her and smiled. "How do you know so much about cats?"

"When I was in high school, I had two cats. They died of old age and then I got busy with college. Phir mom dad ke accident ke baad...  aaj mauka mil raha hai. Thank you for bringing him home," Naina told him taking his hand.

"I'm glad that our choices and desire match so well," Rajveer told her tucking her hair behind her ears. Naina blushed at the double meaning of his statement. "You look very tempting blushing like that," Rajveer teased.

"Rajveer! Stop teasing me," Naina whined, pouting.

Rajveer laughed. "Achcha baba. Jao aur jake change karke ao. I've planned a surprise for you," he told her.

With a smile and a peck on his cheek, Naina went upstairs. Rajveer glanced at the other couch and found the kitten staring at Naina's retreating figure curiously. As if it was wondering why she didn't greet him. Amused, Rajveer went to the dining room to light the candles and to cut more fruits for the chocolate fondue.

The kitten followed him to the dining room and sat at the door way, watching him curiously, tilting his head. "Would you like to use your litter box?" Rajveer asked when it meowed.

"Meow!" the kitten replied.

"Let's go," Rajveer showed where the litter box was and waited until it sniffed and used the litter box. Rajveer cleaned it's butt and the litter box before he washed his hands. "It's not time to feed you yet. Why don't you go play? Come, I'll get you that toy," he told the kitten.

Rajveer started heading to the living room and saw that the kitten rushed ahead of him and jumped on the couch before giving him a hopeful look. Rajveer unboxed the toy he bought and started it. It was a small device that swings a bunch of feather around for the cat to chase. The kitten jumped down from the couch and approached the toy when Rajveer started  the toy.

 The kitten jumped down from the couch and approached the toy when Rajveer started  the toy

Smiling at the success of the toy, Rajveer went back to the dining room to light the candles. He was just started a soft jazz music when he heard Naina coming downstairs. He turned around and felt his breath get stuck in his throat. She was a vision in her black & white ruffle saree. She was wearing a sequined black sleeveless, backless blouse. She was wearing a pair of silver dangling earrings with one of her mangalsutras. Her makeup was light and the ends of her hair were curled. She kept front half of her hair up to create a simple half updo