1

It was a rare event for Major Rajveer Singh Shikhawat to be at his family home in Delhi. But this time it was different. Rajveer just got transferred to the Delhi headquarters after his constant missions. His seniors had decided that he needed a relaxing posting for the next few years as he had been rushing head first in every dangerous missions he could find ever since he graduated from Military academy. Rajveer didn't know how he felt about that. It had been 9 years since he stayed home longer than 3 days. Now that he got posted in the same city as his parents and siblings, he was forced to live in his family home. He had come to love the peace he got from living alone that he felt disconnected from his family. He knew for a fact that he won't be able to endure them all together under one roof for long terms.

Thankfully, his father was the Chief of Army and his brother in-law, Naveen was a Captain. So they understood on some level what Rajveer was feeling. His mother and sisters were a little harder to make understand why he wanted to be left alone most of the times or why he wanted to live separately while in the same city. His brother was just happy that he was able to hangout with his older brother often now.

Rajveer was lost in his thought when he came downstairs for breakfast that morning. He had a meeting to a real estate agent this afternoon and he didn't know how he would tell that to his mom. He was already wincing thinking about his mom and sisters' reaction when he reached the dining room.

"Tujhe dekhke aisa lag raha hai jaise ki tujhe constipation ho gaya hai," commented Naveen with curious look on his face.

"Constipation jaisa hi kuch halat hai meri," Rajveer replied giving his brother in-law a meaningful look.

Understanding what he was talking about, Naveen nodded with a smirk as he continued to feed his two year old son, Aarush. Rajveer had two sisters, Radhika and Ragini; and a younger brother, Rakshit. Radhika was a Gynecologist, Ragini was a manager at their mother's company, Shikhawat Empire, and Rakshit was in college, doing his BBA. Rajveer's mother, Rajnandini Shikhawat was the CEO and Founder of Shikhawat Empire.

Rajveer took a seat and started reading the newspaper. Soon his parents and siblings also joined them in the dining room.

"Good morning, Aarush! Good morning, Naveen Beta! Good Morning, Veer!" Rajnandini greeted each of them with a kiss on their cheeks.

"Dekha, di. Mom ne hume greet nehi kiya. Aab hum tino se koi pyaar nehi karta!" Rakshit made a crying face. Aarush started giggling seeing his mamu making funny faces.

Everyone was amused by Rakshit's antics while their mother just rolled her eyes. "Wo kya hai na, chhote, hum tujhe dumpster se uthake laye hai. Isiliye tujhse itna pyaar nehi karte," she said with a fake innocent smile. Rakshit gave his mother a mocking wounded look while others chuckled.

"Rakshit, tu kyu panga leta hai mom se? Tujhe pata hai na... mom se baato me koi nehi jeet payega," Ragini told him with a smirk.

"Papa bhi nehi," Radhika added with an amused grin before she took the seat beside Naveen and kissed her husband and son on their cheeks.

"I'm a really smart fellow so I won't lie," Reyansh Shikhawat, Rajveer's father, started, "Main to kya iss duniya me koi tomhari mom se baato me nehi jeet sakta," he added with a fond smile at his wife.

"Subah subah meri itni taref? I'm impressed," Rajnandini said giving him a flirtatious smile.

Seeing the look their parents were giving each other all the kids exclaimed, "MOM! DAD! We don't want to se that!"

"You're lucky we love you," Reyansh gave his kids stink eyes before the servant brought breakfast.

They were almost finished when Rajveer cleared his throat. "Uh... Mom, I made a decision," he announced.