23

Two months went by. Naina and Rakshit started their internships at Shikhawat Empire. Their semester final was over a week ago. Naina was preparing a report when her phone rang. Absentminded, she received without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Naina? Teri chachi bol rahi hu," Kamini said from the other side.

Naina frowned. "Kaise hai aap?" she asked, barely controlling herself from being rude.

"I would've been better if you took care of us," Kamini snarked. "You even blocked my number," she taunted.

"Apko agar kaam ki baat karni hai to kariye warna main phone rakh rahi hu," Naina warned. She wasn't that weak girl anymore that would bear her taunts silently anymore.

Kamini went silent. She realized that if she wanted Naina to do her job, then she would have to play nice. "Dekh, hum ne tujhe to achche se settle kar diya ab Ritu ki bari. Maine socha kyu kahi aur jana jab ghar me hi achcha larka hai," she started beating around the bush.

"Main kuch samjhi nehi?" Naina was confused.

"Dekh, Naina, Ritu ko tera devar Rakshit bohot pasand aya tha. Main chahti hu ke tu apne sasural me unn dono ki shaadi ke baat chala," Kamini stated.

"WHAT? Rakshit aur Ritu?"

"Haa."

"Par..." Naina tried to protest.

"Jaldi good news sunana. Bye," and she hung up.

Naina was left staring at her phone, befuddled. "What just happened?" she asked herself.

The rest of the day Naina was in a state on confusion. Rakshit had stopped her from bumping into other people multiple people throughout the day. 

"Nainu, kya huya tujhe?" Rakshit asked, bumping his shoulder to hers.

"Rakshit... can you come over to Raina for dinner tonight? I need to discuss something with you and Rajveer," Naina told him seriously.

"Um...Okay," Rakshit was confused by the sudden invitation.

/

/

Naina came home around 5 pm and was greeted by their baby boy. Ollir meowed and rubbed his tiny body around her legs until she picked him up. And then he bumped his head under chin while purring crazily.

"Hi, sweetie pie. Did you miss momma?" Naina cooed at Ollie. Ollie placed her paws on her face, resting his head on her lips for Naina to kiss it. "Mommy miss you too," Naina cuddled with the cat

"Arre, Naina beta tum agayi? Tabhi main bolu ki ye Ollie aise bhag kyu gaya," Lata greeted with a smile.

"Main abhi ayi. How was your day, masi?" Naina asked.

"It was good, beta. Waise kya banau aaj dinner me?" Lata masi asked.

"Kuch bhi bana liziye.. oh, maine Rakshit ko dinner ke liye invite kiya," Naina told her.

"Achcha. Tum jao aur fresh ho jao. Main tab tak khana bana leti hu," Lata masi told her.

Carrying Ollie in her arms, Naina went upstairs. She showered and changed into a red & blue cotton saree with red sleeveless blouse. She wore matching red & blue glass bangles and one of her mangalsutra from her extreme mangalsutrra collection. Her husband had added a few more in that collection recently.

 Her husband had added a few more in that collection recently