5

Rajveer had the worst hangover that morning. He silently cursed himself for not pacing himself the previous night. He had to drink three cups of coffee already just to focus enough to get ready for the haldi ceremony. He could see his father and brothers weren't doing much better. He watched them and the clock alternatively when he realized that they were late.

"Are you guys done yet? We're getting late!" he asked, pinching the bridge on his nose. He was wearing a asymmetrical mustard yellow kurta with black slim-fit jeans and casual black sandal loafer shoes.

"Honewali biwi se milne ki itni besabri?" Naveen teased, finally dressed

Rajveer smiled shyly. Yeah, he was desperate to meet her. "Yes, I am.. and I'd be really grateful if you guys HURRY UP!" he shouted before wincing in pain.

"Hogaya, yaar. Do minute!" Reyansh begged before shoving a cupcake in his mouth.

"Hurry up or I'll tell mom that you had cupcakes for breakfast," Rajveer threatened as he knew his father had diabetes and was prohibited from having anything sweet.

Glaring at him, Reyansh dragged Rakshit from the bathroom and headed towards the door. Smirking, Rajveer and Naveen followed. They were still laughing when they reached the courtyard where the haldi function was supposed to take place. They found Rajnandini and his sisters grumbling about their alcohol party. Rajveer tried to peek through the crowd, trying to see his bride to be. His father approached the crowd and started teasing his sisters.

Suddenly, he heard Naveen say "Dad, thori side to hatiye. Bechara mera Veeru kab se apni hone wali biwi ko dekhne ki koshish kar raha hai,"

Hearing him, the crowd parted and Rajveer's eyes met with his bride to be, Naina. He swallowed hard as her innocent Bambi like eyes spoke to his very soul. He could easily read her innocence, fear, hesitation, and hope for the future in her eyes. Wanting to reassure her, he offered her a soft smile and instantly, he was gifted with a sweet blush from his bride.

Slowly, he walked up to the area where a small stage was made for the function. He bent down to take blessings from Naina's chacha and chachi before coming to stand in front of her. Naina stood up as well and looked up at him. Rajveer smiled when he saw that she only came up to his shoulders.