Chapter 25: Hypocritical

I watch closely as Chloe descends into the large crowd of people. I just can’t seem to take my eyes off of her, I can’t believe she's actually here! For so long I have worked to ensure her safety so she could return home and we can be a family again. I may not have completely done that but I’ve never been closer; something Lilly would agree with.

        “You know you have to socialize as well,” I look towards Wilfred and glare. Please, I have done all the socializing the past few years because Lilly has done nothing! I swear that girl loves her people but my Disney I’ve seen some trolls with better social skills. Wilfred gives me a knowing but shameful look “Athena you can’t stop when you're ahead!”

        I love him… but I want to kill him.

        Rolling my eyes I turned to walk away but of course Wilfred being Wilfred he just had to protest so being the classy Queen I am I covered my ears and sped up my pace, ducking behind people to lose him.

        “Queen Athena!”

        “La la, I can’t hear you!” I yell as I run far in front of him and duck into the castles rec room around the corner.

        Safe.

        Just as I shut the door behind me a soft remedy plays from the grand piano at the back of the room. Scrunching up my eyebrows I wandered over to the piano only to see a man sitting on the stool with his back turned towards me as his fingers dance across the keys. I close my eyes and sway to sweet sound, I don’t think I have ever heard someone play so good. Usually a person with that kind of experience is on the older side but this kind of passion is something entirely different, it's so raw, and dense.

        Suddenly the second door to the room is pulled open and someone comes stomping in. For some reason I really didn’t want to be caught so like lightning I jumped behind a ceiling high pillar.

        “What do you think you're doing?” Great, it’s Knox.

        I take a peek from behind the pillar to see the pianist standing in the center of the room. Him and Knox were face to face and by Knox’s expression I was surprised mystery guy could stay there, anyone else would have run away from a look like that. What can I say? Our General is one intimidating guy, which is a shock for someone with such little power.

        “I didn’t realize rooms were forbidden from guests.”

        Immediately my ears perked up at the sound of Will’s voice, he’s here? I smile at the thought and wish for nothing more but to remember our time spent together earlier today. I had never felt something so prominent for a guy. Being a Queen that never dies I always just figured that love isn’t really something that can last forever so why bother trying. But Will? He seems to make me re-think everything by just a glance.