Chapter 7: One word. swoon

“Come on we got to run!” And just like that the guy who had distracted the troll was now tugging me along with him deeper into the woods. I look towards the sky to see Direction flying above, both eyes focused on me. I watch as she drops down and darts behind us well on her way to the troll “Whoa was that a phoenix?” The boy yells in excitement as we maneuver our way through the trees, dodging each one as we go. Is this exciting for him? Because it’s sure as hell terrifying for me, besides what is a happy go lucky guy doing in the black market? Is this his creepy way of picking up girls?

We run for what feels like hours but is probably just ten minutes until we make it to the cost and finally sit down to rest. At this point I have my hands on my knees and I’m trying to make my body remember how to breathe. I go to the gym but damn not as much as this guy! I look towards him and you can clearly tell he isn’t a stranger to fitness, my eyes travel to his face and well… damn. His bright blue eyes stand in perfect contrast with his slightly curly blond hair; I mean wow, what I would do to run my fingers through those locks.

“I haven’t heard the guy chasing us since the phoenix flew over our heads, we should be fine,” He says hopping down a bunch of rocks to get down to the water. So basically we could have stopped running a long time ago, or at least have slowed down to a light jog!

I follow him down needing a drink really badly. Yes I know what you are thinking, don’t drink salt water well there something you should know. Our water isn’t really water, I mean ya it does and acts the same way normal water does but this water has magically properties, it keeps our island the way it is and acts as a magical fuel to all the creatures. Oh and don’t forget it looks so cool! It looks like the galaxy was compressed together to form it, with bright and vivid blues and pinks with the shimmering sparkles that dance through it. It has color and texture but go swimming and you can see clearly through it, I guess that’s magic for you.

I go down the water, seconds from reaching my hands in before I stop myself. Another thing about the water… it destroys charms. I touch this and boom happy go lucky knows who I am. Drinking from it is fine; it’s just touching it, so without wasting a second I conjured up a cup. Perfect.

“Where did that come from?” The boy asks in shock.

I look at him with a weird expression, seriously? “Magic…” I say as if he’s the stupidest person in this world. Which of course could be true, I mean he did step in front of an angry troll.

“But I didn’t hear you say anything,” Stupid Athena!

A big difference between witches and wizards is that witches have to speak their spells, wizards don’t… Ya were that powerful. But since I am supposed to be a witch right now I have to think, and fast.

As I think of a reasonable answer I feel something land on my head, I brush it off not wanting to be distracted “I learned to speak my spells really quietly, it makes me feel like a wizard but obviously I’m not,” The words feel vile in my mouth but I know it must be done, keep my identity safe and that will keep me and my sisters safe. My sisters! Oh Disney it’s getting late and knowing Lilly she is probably freaking!

The guy’s laugh brings me away from my thoughts and that reminds me, I don’t even know this guys name. Just as I am about to ask several things drop onto my head, I look towards the water and sure enough it's covered in raindrops.

“Oh Disney I have to go,” I stand up and start climbing the rocks.

Mystery boy immediately jumps up, a frown on his face “Why, we just stopped? Don’t be bothered by the rain, it will stop.”

“I’m sorry but my sister is going to kill me, thank you!” I get distracted and my foot slips on the now wet rock and there I go, falling to my doom in Doomsland, I would laugh right now but it’s not really a good time. I prepare myself for a smash but instead arms wrap around me and I am placed in a very awkward position. You know when a couple dances and the guys brings the girl into a dip and they are face to face? Ya well that is currently my position and what would make this more awkward? Certainly not me giggling like a little girl.

He stands me up and I slap my hand over my mouth as an attempt to shut myself up. Idiot! Don’t scare the cute guy away!

“You won’t scare me away,” he says with a wide smile that makes me swoon. Wait a second did I say that out loud? Oh Disney kill me now! “Let me walk you home, I don’t know why but I find myself wanting to spend time with you.”

One word, swoon.

“Okay,” I say dreamily, he can take me hom- Wait what? “No!” I yell and he gives me a weird look. Oh Disney I really want to stay. The sound of a bird echoes across the land and I know right away that’s its Direction telling me to suck it up and stop being a little bitch. I have to go! I look back at the boy and sigh, I have to distract him. Preparing myself I point behind him at the water and yell, “Look at that thing!”

As soon as the boy turns I took off, over the cliff without slipping thank Disney and continue to run. I hear him call out to me but I just keep going, I won’t see him again, I know that but I sure do wish I would.

****Heyy if you liked this chapter please turn the star yellow... or white depending on the device your using! And be sure to comment your favorite or maybe least favorite parts? I welcome criticism!

Picture ^ or > is of Doomsland's amazing and awesomly cool water! I mean that would be like swimming in a galaxy or something! It's so cool and I couldn't find anything to fit what I see better! And guess what? Over 1100 words! Chapters are getting longer!

Any way stay classy

TDD <3