Chapter 5: Resembling my biggest nightmare.

I walk quietly through the woods well on my way to the black market. My feet hardly make a sound as the repeatedly pad against the dried up dirt and leaves. People scurry by quickly as if they are all trying to hide the fact that they were at the market from everyone else. Sometimes it amazes me how much they believe we don't know about it; it's on the kingdom map for Disney's sake!

I wear a long black hooded cape that hides the face of the redhead I charm myself to be. In my hand I carry a small straw basket that has a ratty blanket over it to hide Direction, who is sleeping soundly. I walk along the path blending in with the commoners among me. I've never been nervous while here but something about this visit has me feeling a bit... off. I don't know what it is but I know I can't ignore it. I plan to take a lot more precaution than usual, maybe if I don't talk, or if I don't stare too long they won't question anything and I will be far from trouble.

When I finally reach the market it's scarce of people, worn down booths form an unnerving feel to the area. Only some booths have people tending them and only one other person looks among the offered products, but everyone here wears grave expressions, like their planning the most evil plan. I always just wish the kingdom can completely shut down the black market but I know it wouldn't work. We have tried before but it just comes back up again and as much as I hate it, it's a vital part of Doomsland.

Wandering through the depressing market I let my gaze sweep across the products making sure the things aren't too extreme. Most are items used for dark spells like fish eye, or house hippo hearts, everything is fairly normal for the black market until my eyes land on something I was looking for. A black unicorn horn. One of the rarest breeds on the island, last I checked it was only Lilly who could find them. It was that reason exactly that I didn't believe the tip I received about these being a symbol of the Malum.

I look at the large troll standing behind the booth watching me closely. Not going to lie, I felt a bit violated but this was the closest i've gotten to them in a long time and I had to keep going.

"Where did you get that?" I asked with a confident voice, pointing towards the horn.

He shoots me a glare that would make anyone want to run screaming but I stood my ground "Dangerous question to be asking from a little lass like yourself?" he growls. Well I'm not getting anywhere with this but might as well test the waters before I leave.

"Why because it involves the Malum?" As soon as the words escape my mouth his expression changes into something resembling my biggest nightmare. When I look down his fists are clenched. Too forward? I flash him a small smile and start backing up slowly. If I reveal my cover then they will know I have been snooping around and all my hard work will go down the drain.

"Buddy! What's up? Long time no see," Me and grumpy both turn our heads to look at the new addition to our little 'situation'. The young man makes a move to stand between the sumo troll and me. I don't get a good look at him when he turns his face towards me and mouths 'run' before looking back.

Without waiting a second I take off running in no specific direction into the woods. After a few minutes of running I stop behind a big oak tree to take a few breaths because I'm not about that running life, no royal is. Then I can hear the troll guy yelling and suddenly there are sounds of someone running toward me. Oh Disney. Bending down I remove the blanket that covers Direction and she immediately shoots out flying into the sky.

Of course my only real source of protection chooses now to spread her wings!

****Heyy if you liked this chapter please turn the star yellow... or white depending on the device your using! And be sure to comment your favorite or maybe least favorite parts? I welcome criticism!

Picture ^ or > is of the grumpy evil troll dude (Aren't I a descriptive person?) Disney! I'm looking at the length of this chapter and my last few, I gotta start writting longer chapters! Well at least I update frequently... At the moment.

Any way stay classy

TDD <3