Chapter 24: Just our General?

“Are you ready?” I feel Peter’s hand tightens around mine in reassurance as we stand just in front of the castle doors. He looks at me expectantly waiting for me to respond, but how am I supposed to do that? I have never been more nervous in my life.

        It’s like the reality of this situation is just hitting me now, and I don’t know how to take it. I’m happy to be here, to be with Peter, to see my sisters, and just breath in the familiar scent of my magnificent Doomsland. All of this is great but there is always a bad part of the equation and that is the part now gnawing at my mind. Years ago I was stripped of my memories and sent to be re-born on earth without any recollection of who I really was. What if the monsters that did that to me are still around and aren’t exactly finished with me? I no doubt fear those people nor do I for a second doubt their power. They have my necklace and with a royal signified necklace comes great power and responsibility but something tells me that the people who took it only wanted the power.

        “Chloe?” I hear and look up to meet a pair of sparkling green eyes “Hey, are you still with me?” Peter laughs softly, glancing around awkwardly at the guards surrounding us.

         I take a few moments to collect my head “Ya, sorry I was just thinking about the people who sent me away in the first place,” Peters eyes glaze over in darkness as I utter the words, it’s clear he hasn’t exactly ‘forgiven’ and ‘forgotten’ about those people.

        “Only the worst of creatures can be willing to take you away from me,” His voice is dark and rugged now and I regret bringing it up. I know I should be able to talk to him about anything but I only got back a day ago so this is obviously a sore subject.

I squeeze his hand just like he had done to mine, I don’t exactly know what to do so I stick with letting him know I’m here, that’s the best that can be done in a situation like this. Disney I miss our old carefree lives, it was so much easier to go around and mess with people rather than to have a mystery group dangle our lives and mentality around like puppets.

Holding my head up high I took in a breath, preparing myself “Lets do this.”

Peter still looks distant but I ignore it and signal for the guards to open the doors. This is it, I’m going to see my amazing kingdom again, I’m going to see my glorious home, and I’m going to see my best friends, my sisters.

The second the grand wooden doors are pulled open by the guards me breathe is knocked away. It’s not because of mass amount of beautiful pink decor, or the hundreds of people standing there cheering my name, it's because behind all those people stands Lilly. Her eyes light up as they meet mine and a rare smile makes it's way to her face. She looks the same as when I last saw her, crazy blond hair, pale skin, she’s wearing a red gown, which isn’t a usual thing, and I couldn’t be happier. My sister is just as I left her except for one small, tiny, unimportant detail. There is a guy on her arm! A hot guy on her arm!

I repress a squeal as Peter guides me through the throng of people with the assistance of several guards. I smile and wave at everyone offering a rare hello to those who make the extreme effort of jumping on the guards just to be close to me. I love my people but right now I wish they would just clear out of the way so I can run to my sister and hug her! It’s not every day you get the opportunity to hug Queen Lilly and when you do, you take it fast and don’t ask questions. Simple Lilly logic.

“Lilly!” I squeal at the same time she cheers ‘Chloe’. I finally make it through the thickness of the crowd and get prime opportunity to leave my fiancé and run into my sister’s arms. We crash solidly against each other giggling like idiots, could this get any better? Oh wait… it could.

“Where is Athena?” I ask, longing to see her as well.

A strange look crosses Lilly’s face, maybe guilt? Regret? Or anger? “Queen Athena will be down, along with Wilfred, in just a few moments,” I watch Lilly as the words are spoken except it wasn’t her that had said them. Looking to her side my eyes land on the man with stellar features, complete with grey eyes and short, dark, brown hair. He stands they’re matching my gaze then extends his hand to me “Hello, my name is Knox, I’m your new General,”

Putting on a friendly smile I shake his hand “More like Lilly’s personal watchdog,” Peter mutters quietly into my ear from behind me. I smile at the comment and from feeling Peter so close.

I look between Lilly and Knox closely, there is definitely something there “Are you just our General?” Knox gives me a weird questioning gaze and Lilly glares daggers at me, I knew I noticed something “I mean, our last General never escorted any of us to a party before, and we have had plenty of Generals, none of which have been as hot as you though,” I was planning to say more but Peter wrapped his arms around my stomach positively at the ‘hot’ comment.

Moving on from Peter I watch as Knox awkwardly scratches the back of his neck and coughs a few to cover up his embarrassment. Lilly on the other hand looks the complete opposite from when I can in, currently I’m almost certain she’s going to kill me when were alone. She even looks like she’s about to say something, probably something harsh but before she has the chance to I’m rammed by two bodies in tight hug being ripped from Peters embrace.

Laughing along with the two crazy people I pull away so I can see the faces of my two brightly dress attackers. Before me stands my favorite fairy in all the land, Wilfred! He looks just the way I left him, same blue hair and crazy outfits, like really? A blue suit? The other person is just this average person I don’t care about. Just joking! Athena looks beautiful as always in her glowing glory, that green dress looks stunning on her but it makes me wonder why should would wear green when Lilly wore red. When I turn back to find Lilly she walking away with a complaining General to join the party. Okay they are definitely fighting, since when would Lilly choose socializing over her sisters?

Pushing that problem to the side I re-focus on Athena “Long time no see Athena,”

“Oh my Disney Chloe I have misses you so much! Believe me when I say that I have spent every moment since you left trying to find the assholes who thought they could separate us,” I smiled on the outside but on the inside? That wasn’t exactly how I felt. I thought the day they brought me back was the day they had destroyed our enemy, apparently not. Great, another problem to push aside in order for me to enjoy my night.

“Chloe as much as I want to endlessly talk to you,” Wilfred says looking around at the crowd “Your kingdom wants you.”

And with that I join the party.

****Heyy if you liked this chapter please turn the star yellow... or white depending on the device your using! And be sure to comment your favorite or maybe least favorite parts? I welcome criticism!

Picture ^ or > is of Peter dressed in his little outfit minus his snap back, Disney I can never get all Peters details in one picture! Could anyone help me out with that? Come on you know you want to...

Any way stay classy

TDD <3