Chapter 31: Feared the words

“Am I supposed to be this tired?” I complain stepping into the royal office, a room I hate but am currently being forced in by Athena. Once we had finished at the island and I got my super powerful necklace we returned to the castle where Athena claimed we needed to talk. Boring! I wanted to spend time with Peter, I had already done my duties by making Athena and Lilly forgive each other, and getting my power back. I can’t wait to fly around tomorrow! It’s one thing to use pixie dust to fly but it’s a whole other thing to actually be the pixie and fly!

“The ritual we performed takes a lot of power, considering you didn’t have much to start off with, it’s normal for you to be physically drained,” Ugh Athena and her big words! “Now you and Lilly take a seat we need to talk.”

I looked over at Lilly and she was staring at the door, I would bet money that she was wishing for the General to come in. Little did she know Athena already told him to stay away while we had a private meeting.

Athena cleared her throat to get our attention and we both looked at her and then remembered that we were supposed to be sitting. Me and Lilly rushed to the thrones sat behind the desk and sat down, both of us staring up at our sister.

“Okay, let’s take about all the issues at hand,” Athena states as she walks up to the table and then focuses in on Lilly “Lilly, I know us being at odds means not tell each other things, now that we,” She looked over to me “Are alright again, have anything to share?”

“What on earth do you mean?” Lilly fake gasps and even I give her an annoyed look “Alright alright, so far there has been a major problem in the mines, a large quantity of fallen stars were stolen from the mines, we don’t exactly know when, why, or even how but they stole a dangerous amount and to do that they would need powerful magic, something I suspect they're getting from the unicorns. Knox and I went out today to try and find a black unicorn, to see if we could identify anything but we couldn’t find any with the time we had.”

Athena absorbed all this information “What have you done about the robbery?”

“As soon as we found out we put the mine on lockdown. Knox had every dwarf interrogated, we ended up with nothing but we did learn that one of the dwarfs had escaped. It was the same dwarf that showed up to Chloe’s event today,” I remember the General so rudely interrupting me to talk a man away, “The dwarf was carrying a poison he planned to assassinate Chloe with,” Lilly choked out and I sucked in a breath. Disney! When the General told me to leave I was stubborn, I was worried about the man but the entire time there was an attack against my life going on?

Athena turned around, letting her head fall to hide her emotions “And you got nothing from your outing today?” She mumbled, still not showing us her face.

Lilly sat up, sparing me a worried glance, a look she didn’t even give me with the previous bad news so I feared the words that were about to come out of her mouth.

“We did… stumble upon a white unicorn and we didn’t exactly find nothing, aside from the creature seeming slightly, how should I put it? Drained. There wasn’t much until I took a closer look at the horn. At the base of the horn was dust, pixie dust to be exact.”

I felt my head stop and Athena turned back to look at us, shock written all over her face “From Neverland?” She asked and I wished for nothing more than for this to be a lie but when Lilly nodded I felt a single tear run down my check. Peter wouldn’t know anything about this, he couldn’t.