Chapter 38: Tell us! Tell us!

“So the General just left as soon as you entered the ballroom?” I asked Chloe. Currently she was sitting in front of me on the bad with her legs crossed and eyes focused on me. She had woken me up claiming that she needed to talk, I swear to Chloe gossip was life, knowing this I would have expected her to know that for me sleep is life. Wilfred was laid out across Lilly’s bed claiming that he needed to be here because his immortal self could be in danger. I tried to tell him that since he was immortal nothing bad could happen to him, it was then that he went on to tell me that he really just wanted to be in the loop.

    “He actually tried to kill you?” Leave it to Chloe to respond to a question with another question. I gave her a pointed look and she sighed in annoyance “And yes that is exactly what happened, and lets not forget that I caught Lilly running from the room just before entering, now I have never seen her cry but it looked like she was about to!”

Poor Lilly, we have been waiting for her for a while now and I feared that he might have hurt her before I could warn her of how dangerous and untrustworthy he is. I have already told Chloe about how I know Knox is working with the Malum. I couldn’t tell her exactly why myself but with the short memory I was able to remember from my talk with Will, he claimed that many people in the East End knew who Knox was and that worried me. You can’t be that well known without the royal’s knowledge in the East End and not be apart of the Malum.

I just wish I knew his role. Will has also said that someone from Wonderland was working in the castle to gather information but Knox was from Narnia, he wasn’t even British for Disney’s sake!

“And yes it seemed like he was going to kill me. I hate to admit it but if the General hadn’t shown up I don’t know what would have happened…”

“Maybe it’s all apart of their sick plan and their working together and before we know it were all in Alaska!” Chloe dramatized and I resisted to urge to roll my eyes.

“Alaska?” Wilfred asked from the other bed. He had been fine with listening from there but I guess he got over that and came over onto my bed and lay out beside me. Great, party in Athena’s bed!

Chloe actually rolled her eyes at him, bluntly I might add “It’s a state on earth, duh.”

“Is it like a liquid, gas, or solid?” Oh my Wilfred.

“No it’s- Well it’s. Ugh just shut up!”

I laughed at the two silently. Maybe I shouldn’t have ensured that they not see me when I had gotten home. Their good company was very distracting. I kind of wish Lilly was one for a heart to heart so we could talk about how both our hearts were crushed today but she wasn’t and frankly I feel like that would end up being very awkward.

“Wow, didn’t know we were having a party…” A voice said from the window and we all turned to see Lilly standing there, her swing span taking up the entire length of the long window. I looked at her closely and noticed that her eyes were red and her face seemed more puffed up, not to mention her blond hair was looking more on the wild side.

“Wings!” Wilfred yelled running over to her wings because he had a crazy obsession with them but before he could touch them she quickly retracted them which was strange for her. Usually see would keep them out around us, especially to amuse Wilfred. She seemed pained and I would assume that it would have something to do with Knox but he’s never seen her wings.  

“Lilly! Tell us everything!” Chloe chanted eagerly. Lilly just frowned at us and ignoring Wilfred she came over and plopped down onto the bed beside me where Wilfred has just been. Which again was weird because she usually never got this close to us.