Chapter 35: Will you marry me?

My past smiles widen as I turn to see Peter waiting for me at the door of the castle, seeming out of breath. My smile seems to grow ten sizes as I take in his worried green eyes and bedridden black hair that was seemingly tamed under his bright forest green snap back.

    Ignoring the Wonderland Queens I quickly run over to him. I loop my arms around his neck and he grabs the back of my thighs so he can pull my legs around his waist for a full on needed hug. Holding on tight I dig my head into the crock of his neck and inhale his familiar woodsy scent. I really needed this right now.

    “I came as soon as I heard about the alarm. I couldn’t imagine anything happening to you again,” Peter whispers into my ear, tightening his hold on me.

    All too soon he puts me down causing me to pout at the loss of heat surrounding my body. Peter notices my expression and wraps his arms around my waist pulling me close to him. I smiled at his touch and he leaned his head closer, finally resting his forehead on mine, our noses brushing against each other.

    “I’m okay, something happened to Athena but she’s okay now too,” He smiles at the news showing off his perfect set of teeth. Disney I love everything about this boy.

    “Come with me.”

    I don’t get a chance to respond before yet again there is suddenly an absence of heat about me and I struggle to breath without his presence. Then just as fast he snagged my hand and pulled me to the back door of the main hall that lead to the gardens. I ran with him until we reached the waterfall where he had chosen to grow up for me. Nothing could rid me of a smile as long as I had that memory.

*Flashback

    “Peter I yelled as I went out to the waterfall. He had said to meet him here at midnight after going on about a bunch of crazy things that could never be. My birthday party had ended just moments ago after Cinderella said something about sticking to tradition and after that everyone just seemed to follow along. I was happy with the day and was very tired. I was fully prepared to let sleep welcome me while curled up in my most amazing duvet but I needed to know what Peter wanted.

    “Peter!” I yell again but nothing happens.

    Getting bored fast I take a seat on a boulder and look out at the fast running water that was dancing swiftly over the rocks and into the glowing stream.

    “Chloe,” A deep, unrecognizable voice whispers from behind me. I jump up in fear and turn around ready to face my attacker but my eyes immediately find a pair of green eyes that no spell could make me forget. The only difference was that I was looking up to see them, no down like I usually would when looking at Peter.

    I look down at his feet and their planted solidly on the ground, so he wasn’t flying…? I looked back up at his face with my mouth hanging wide open at the sight in front of me.

    His once rounded face was now more sculpted with strong cheekbone and a more than defined jaw. His hair was now longer and sticking up in every which way, his hat now too small to hide it. I knew that this was Peter though, it had to be. He still had his real green eyes with a bright sparkle in them, both eyes framed by long, dark eyelashes. His smile was still big and lopsided but now his lips were almost fuller.